Arsenal Post Match Thread.

Or maybe Arsenal were poor because we played well. I'm not sure why every time we win, it's because the opposition was shit. The better team won and we were by far the better team.
In the 1st half we were poor, but a team playing for the title having scored the opener should have gone for the jugular. City took advantage and grew into the game, but Arsenal were terrible. I am not trying to do city down, I was just shocked by how complacent they were. And once the game was slipping beyond them, they just carried on playing in the same vein in what was a really big game for them.

Against Chelsea and leicester we got well beat, but our standard of performance never sunk to the level we saw from Arsenal. Only sanchez played well. After the goal, where was Walcott? Where was Ozil?

I looked at the Arsenal team warming up and I looked at our team, and I couldn't see us winning, and yet in the end we thoroughly deserved to win, but for me I was as shocked with Arsenal's ineptitude as I was pleased with the win

Vital win: if we had lost the consequences would probably have gone beyond the three lost points; on the flip side, with a come from behind victory when trailing at HT being as rare as a red nosed reindeer and any victory against a top side being an occurence matched by new Star Wars movie releases, the psychological benefits of the win could be a significant positive.

Not had chance to read much of this thread as only just finished watching the Sky coverage having got back from game ot much before 10 pm but this idea we were crap in first half doesn't wash with me; although the goal we conceded was a bit crap defensively and second half performance was undoubtedly much better. However, we had something like 5 real good opportunities early in the game that we did not exploit and dominated possession throughout.

What I loved most about the second half, after the goals, was how well we won the ball back in our opponents' half.

I was foing to post before the game that the three c's: confidence, commitment and concentration would be key and I think they were. Lack of concentration cost us their goal but commitment and concentration were good for most of the game and confidcence grew. Now we need to add fourth c: consistency.
Their goal was excellent. But that was their only moment in the game. I tought we were really poor 1st half. We had the KDB cross and Sterling header shortly after they scored. Getting the goal just after half time, was a game-changer.

In the 1st half we were poor, but a team playing for the title having scored the opener should have gone for the jugular. City took advantage and grew into the game, but Arsenal were terrible. I am not trying to do city down, I was just shocked by how complacent they were. And once the game was slipping beyond them, they just carried on playing in the same vein in what was a really big game for them.

Against Chelsea and leicester we got well beat, but our standard of performance never sunk to the level we saw from Arsenal. Only sanchez played well. After the goal, where was Walcott? Where was Ozil?

I looked at the Arsenal team warming up and I looked at our team, and I couldn't see us winning, and yet in the end we thoroughly deserved to win, but for me I was as shocked with Arsenal's ineptitude as I was pleased with the win

We were far from poor first half as I suspect the stats will support. Better 2nd half obviously. The better team won as Walcott himself admitted..

We looked good second half and Sane is starting to show his quality which is encouraging. If we can win at Hull and Liverpool, a big if at Anfield I know, then Chelsea just might start to feel the pressure building up on them. We're the one team I think they don't want chasing them. Just a shame Zaba got injured. Oh and Wenger is a tosser but no change there.
I think this could be a turning point in our season. We have players to come back in now. At half time I was thinking we were going to get picked off 2nd half and I was wondering where it was all going. 2nd half was very unexpected for me. I didn't expect that at all.

We were far from poor first half as I suspect the stats will support. Better 2nd half obviously. The better team won as Walcott himself admitted..
Well I have seen the highlights and I don't think we forced Cech to make a save in the 1st half. I think Toure had a header late on from a corner which Cech handled comfortably

2nd half it all changed. The goal gave us belief. No question city were the better team. 2nd half was a humiliation for Arsenal. Normally they dominate possession, but for about 20 minutes they barely got out of their half

Well I have seen the highlights and I don't think we forced Cech to make a save in the 1st half. I think Toure had a header late on from a corner which Cech handled comfortably

2nd half it all changed. The goal gave us belief. No question city were the better team. 2nd half was a humiliation for Arsenal. Normally they dominate possession, but for about 20 minutes they barely got out of their half

Setrling missed a sitter 1st half and their goal was their only real chance all game. We dominated possession both halves.

Their goal was excellent. But that was their only moment in the game. I tought we were really poor 1st half. We had the KDB cross and Sterling header shortly after they scored. Getting the goal just after half time, was a game-changer.

Bloody annoying that their one shot on target resulted in a goal and whilst it was good play from them, we should have done better. KDB should not have allowed Bellerin to start the attack in the first place but we still had plenty of players back; however, Otamendi ended up too deep and I think Nando and Kola probably should have made different movements, Nando in particular was too static. Also, if Zab hadn't slipped, he probably would have got a block in on Walcott.

I'm sure Pep will do a far better analysis than I can manage and take his team through it and work on the faults.

I think this could be a turning point in our season. We have players to come back in now. At half time I was thinking we were going to get picked off 2nd half and I was wondering where it was all going. 2nd half was very unexpected for me. I didn't expect that at all.

I feel the same. I think we'd have been in a really bad place if we'd lost today and at half time it wasn't looking good. I think the win, coupled as you say by players returning and Jesus arriving, could just give us the confidence boost we badly needed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.