Arsenal Post Match Thread.

i have a mate whos a gooner and he was quite complimentary about our performance to be fair, but hes furious with Ozil. quite embarrassing for a top player to be walking around the pitch.
as for wenger, arsenal never get beat fair and square do they? its always the officials fault. him and fergie are the worst fucking losers in history.

The players gave everything last night and they deservedly won; I think we were better than them even in first half, Sterling missed a glorious chance, still we conceded a soft goal, and that is our main weakness, hopefully we'll be able to fix it, but I'm not particularly confident about it. But the tempo of our attacking has definitely increased in the last two games, cutting that slow build from the back and defending a bit more deep has improved us overall.

The players gave everything last night and they deservedly won; I think we were better than them even in first half, Sterling missed a glorious chance, still we conceded a soft goal, and that is our main weakness, hopefully we'll be able to fix it, but I'm not particularly confident about it. But the tempo of our attacking has definitely increased in the last two games, cutting that slow build from the back and defending a bit more deep has improved us overall.
I thought the tempo was fantastic yesterday, all match, particularly in the second half of course, but I thought it was really lacking v Watford and we nearly paid the price for not going hard enough for the second goal (which we only got after they missed a sitter to make it one all). Really think we need to keep the Arsenal level of tempo and ball winning aggression

Arse Winger - " we played really well. apart from the two offside goals they didn't create any real chances"

I guess that would be apart from Raheem header, Kev hitting the post, Czech making a full length save to prevent Kevs deflected shot and Sane through on goal 1 on 1 (again).
Yeah, but other than those we created nothing.

Am I expecting too much to think that the second half performance could be reprised for both halves? We often played like this under Mancini. I was forever suggesting that Mancini should give the team the half time bollocking just after the warm up. Lacklustre first half followed by a stunning second half is how Barca went home to Cataluyna with their diddlers between their legs.
Football doesn't work like that mate, we wore them down in the first half and then subtle change in formation and renewed vigour caught them napping at start of second half, then the fans got going and lifted them another 10%.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.