Arsenal Post Match Thread.

Just read the Sky match report. I think the author was watching a different game to the one I attended. 1st half Arsenal were sharper without really troubling us but we still bossed possession, passing, etc. 2nd half there was only one team in it. Reading the Sky report it was as though we nicked it. BBC stats below: -

Home TeamMan CityAway TeamArsenal
Possession
Home61%
Away39%
Shots
Home14
Away6
Shots on Target
Home5
Away1
Corners
Home8
Away1
Fouls
Home9
Away13

Don't let the truth get in the way of a good story, eh?

The players gave everything last night and they deservedly won; I think we were better than them even in first half, Sterling missed a glorious chance, still we conceded a soft goal, and that is our main weakness, hopefully we'll be able to fix it, but I'm not particularly confident about it. But the tempo of our attacking has definitely increased in the last two games, cutting that slow build from the back and defending a bit more deep has improved us overall.
The Arsenal goal was brilliant. Hard o defend against movement like that. Fortunately they switched off after that

Defensively as a team we were excellent tackling everything that moved 2nd half. Arsenal were powder puff.

West Ham aren't having a staff Christmas party this year. How do I know this? Because it was above our win on the SSN front page this morning.

We've won the last two games without Gundogan, Kompany, Aguero and Fernandinho. I'd like to see Chelsea win without Hazard, Luiz, Costa and Kanté. This is why we're not out of thee title race- no other team in the league is better equipped to deal with injuries than us.

i have a mate whos a gooner and he was quite complimentary about our performance to be fair, but hes furious with Ozil. quite embarrassing for a top player to be walking around the pitch.
as for wenger, arsenal never get beat fair and square do they? its always the officials fault. him and fergie are the worst fucking losers in history.

What about PEG? I've never seen him gracious in defeat, ever.

My take on the two halves is that the Tarquins tried to match our work rate and pressing, which they pretty much managed for the first half but that and our dominance of possession fucking knackered them. Second half they couldn't or wouldn't bring the game to us and we ran rings round them. Ya Ya's passing had them chasing ghosts and the tight passing in around their box was brilliant. I said to my Dad that those moves have recently led to Kun losing possession but today the ball looked like ours and we were just letting Arsenal have a look and admire it.

Players wearing Gundogan shirts showing team spirit and support for a team mate showing solidarity then we have this not happy with Arteta for his response when we scored, now this is the reason I don't like it when X rags join the club..

arti1.png
arti2.png

Rant over!! Here's a Celebration gif for you Arteta
giphy.gif

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.