Arsenal thread 2011/12

Re: How to solve a problem like Arsenal.

Put Kompany and Tevez or Vidic and Rooney or Terry and Drogba into their current team and they would have had this league won weeks ago.
Arsenal need to decide what they want to be. If they want to have a chance of winning the league and the CL then they need a couple of big players. Stay as they are and the may make top 4 for a season or two more but we have improved as have Spurs and Liverpool may have a go next season meaning that top 4 isn't the guarentee it has been for a while now.

benCTID said:
OrigamiNinja said:
No better than what they already have.

Really dont see what all the fuss is about regarding Cahill.

Did you not see the game yesterday? he is like John Terry without the ego.

Ive seen defenders have the odd colossal performance here and there though without actually being that good. Richard Dunne is a perfect example. Arsenal need someone like VK who is top quality week in week out, Cahill is nothing like that quality!

Viva Rivaldo said:
TheMightyQuinn said:
they're happy being 3rd.
That's the thing though. It seems to work for them in terms of being a sustainable club with low ambition, but surely their fans aren't "happy" with it?

The fans patience are wearing thin, they have supported Wenger up to now but i can sense if he's still about next season and big changes haven't been made the tide will turn.

The fact that there's another team about putting pressure on them hasn't helped ;-)

The hole that Vermaelen has left all season has never been plugged, if they find the right partner for him it would be a start.

A decent centre forward that can score goals in and outside the box along with a consistant keeper they may be challenging again.

I don't think they'll be shy in the summer like they have in the past to be honest.

Given, Jagielka and Parker would be great buys for them. Not too expensive either.

______________Given_____________

Sagna___Jagielka__Vermaelen__Glichy

_________Parker___Wiltshire_________

Walcott________Fabregas_________Nasri

______________Van Persie____________

That's as good a starting eleven as any. I'd love Jagielka at City tho tbh. He's up there with Vidic and Kompany.

OrigamiNinja said:
They are completely missing a spine to their team. If they had for example Hart, VK, NDJ and Tevez they would be pretty much unstoppable.

And - SHOOT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Arsenal would be crazy to get rid of Wenger he tries and set teams to play attacking football all the time some of there play over the years has been brilliant to watch. I would hate to see them change there brand of football. I think Wenger will splash the cash in the summer and it wouldnt shock me to see him go for Green in the summer if the hammers go down and Parker maybe to add some steel into the team. He rates Parker highly and Green has recovered since the World Cup and is a cheaper better option to the keepers they have or even Given would add a lot to the squad.

I argee they have missed Vermaelen big time this season maybe him and Koscielny could be a good pairing I think Koscielny will improve next season. They would want to sign another centre back just incase either of those get injured again maybe a Upson or Cahill at Bolton. Going forward they have the players no doubt about it they should get in another striker to help Van Persie I thought Chamakh would of been the 1 but since Van Persie came back he hasnt looked at all good. I think next season they will win something maybe a cup and if they sort out there weak areas they will be in the hunt for the title again.

Viva Rivaldo said:
Danamy said:
The fact that there's another team about putting pressure on them hasn't helped ;-)
True - it must be annoying for them that Spurs are overtaking them as the best North London club.

boom boom.
Arnt spurs 9 points behind them?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.