Arsenal thread 2011/12

Re: Arsenal Thread

Two double winning teams, three league titles, four FA Cups, never finished outside the top four in his fifteen years with the club, arguably the most attractive Premiership footballing side of the era, an unprecedented record for finding and developing young and unknown players and all managed on a budget which was a fraction of what other managers (including ours) were spending in the same timeframe.

Yep....completely clueless - get rid and snap up Sparky while he is still available.

Things could get a lot worse for Arsenal by the end of next week. If everyone in football can see that they need to buy players why can't Wenger - if he can, why hasn't he bought anyone to address the issues? If it is a case that he isn't being given money to spend, then their and his demise is surely well under way. I don't think he'll be there at the end of the season.

Henry-67 said:
Things could get a lot worse for Arsenal by the end of next week. If everyone in football can see that they need to buy players why can't Wenger - if he can, why hasn't he bought anyone to address the issues? If it is a case that he isn't being given money to spend, then their and his demise is surely well under way. I don't think he'll be there at the end of the season.

if they are not giving him money to spend he should walk they dont deserve him,see where they end up then

if they don't spend and spend quickly on quality i can see them mid table at end of season looking at their first 3 games sad to see after years of playing very good football

Re: Gate at Arsenal today, no way was it this?

CITY FOR LIFE said:
Anybody else remember when the gate use to be read out in the 70's at Maine Road, 26,000 when there was at least 40k, good old Peter Swales use to know how to cook the books :) oh what about the game v Everton in 81 FAC 6th rd replay, 52500 ye really, more like 62500.

Add to that mate the attendance at home when we got promoted against Charlton

zangatangring said:
strongbowholic said:
But is it really a case he won't spend any money or that they won't give him any money?

Almost more than definitely the latter. E.G. He obviously didn't want to lose Cesc or Nasri. Even his 'invincibles' was doomed to transiency. Juxtapose this with the perpetual careers of united and chelsea players as well as our excitingly profligate transfer windows. No team with similar resources has been as successful.

what are your thoughts mate?
I honestly don't know. The board have come out in the past I believe and said he has money if he wants - but then they would say that. He comes out and says he would spend the money on players if he thought they were worth it, but then he would say that also!

Something smells fundamentally wrong behind the scenes at Arsenal at the moment. There has been all this Usmanov (?) and Kroenke wrangling along with the posh, double barrelled name bird selling up too. Then there was David Dein moving on too; I understand he is highly thought of in football, so I imagine that hurt them too.

Definitely trouble in paradise. I think it's a combination of internal politics in the boardroom and possibly a dash of Wenger's Gallic stubbornness?

I thought Wenger looked like a man under immense pressure during today's game. I think the end they had to last season plus the Summer they have had so far are taking their toll on him.

As a club they only have themselves to blame. They have lacked any firm leadership from Wenger or from the boardroom this Summer. Instead of burying their collective heads in the sand, tough decisions should have been made with Fabregas and Nasri being sold in July. Then players should have been recruited to build a new Arsenal team.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.