Arsenal thread 2011/12

Re: Classless Sky!

Josh Blue said:
Regarding Wenger, I know he is not the most popular bloke on here but I think the lack of respect the media (Sky) are showing him is shocking! The edited montage at the end of the programe showing a distraught and twitchy Wenger is an absoulete joke! If Fergiescum had made this start to the season they would not be doing this.

It is so clear Sky revelling in the moment just as they would if our Bob was in the same situation.

For a manager who has brought the best football ever seen in England IMO he is very disrespected in the media, would baconface get this I doubt it?

stupid..
and i bet they shown shrek n syrup`s shinned bellyflop goal straight after it!!
the rag loving twats have no class what so ever....

Re: Gate at Arsenal today, no way was it this?

Anybody else remember when the gate use to be read out in the 70's at Maine Road, 26,000 when there was at least 40k, good old Peter Swales use to know how to cook the books :) oh what about the game v Everton in 81 FAC 6th rd replay, 52500 ye really, more like 62500.

Re: Arsenal Thread

The Arsenal supporters I know are quite arrogant so I am quite enjoying their downfall.

It was always going to be rammed down everyone's throats because it was such a good achievement, plus they are part of the 'Sky 4' (as it was). I just can't believe I'm witnessing it at Arsenal of all clubs. Sure no one has a divine right and all that, but we're talking a manager who went a whole season unbeaten and has done the double! I know all things come to an end but watching the slow-mo implosion is real car crash tv stuff. Unreal.

Josh Blue said:
jimharri said:
Josh Blue said:
Would not happen to Fergie though does he have shares in Sky or has he scratched Murdochs back?
The same could probably have been said about Wenger up to 12 (?) months ago, surely?

Noooooooo way the reporters like Geoff Shreeves have always asked Wenger akward questions in post game interviews hoping for him to slip up or to dish some dirt, the same they do with Mancini and City players all the time!

.. ask Fergie or Utd players questions like that? No way! Don't tell me you don't see that?
Agree to a point, but the media loved Arsenal up until very recently. Always praising them for playing football the right way, giving kids a chance and so on. Or did I imagine that?

Most likely the most intelligent manager. His situation is very precarious and you need to consider what you're asking him..... Construct a PL/CL trophy winning team with encumbering boards?!?!?!?

The Arsenal board of directors are also intelligent and fully acknowledge how instrumental Wenger is to their success. If and when he retires, you'll see just how hard it is, no matter who's in lieu of the vacated managerial seat.

Josh Blue said:
jimharri said:
Are you actually surprised though? We've seen countless managers (not just City ones) ripped to shreds by the beloved media. It's what they do. Of course it's despicable, but they don't give a fuck about people's feelings. It's the old adage about building people up to knock them down.

Would not happen to Fergie though does he have shares in Sky or has he scratched Murdochs back?

He's British, he doesn't give them an easy ride, he's been around for eons, his club is supported by the highest amount of subscribers... it's a combination of all those really.

If there was something to REALLY go at Ferguson for though and he was bang to rights for it (something on the level of a major scandal) there are many, many people who would go for the jugular and hang him out to dry. It'd just have to be something really big. We'll probably never see it.<br /><br />-- Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:12 pm --<br /><br />
Josh Blue said:
jimharri said:
Josh Blue said:
The same could probably have been said about Wenger up to 12 (?) months ago, surely?

Noooooooo way the reporters like Geoff Shreeves have always asked Wenger akward questions in post game interviews hoping for him to slip up or to dish some dirt, the same they do with Mancini and City players all the time!

.. ask Fergie or Utd players questions like that? No way! Don't tell me you don't see that?

They are hoping to trip Mancini up with his imperfect English, this isn't an option with Fergie or Wenger. Also they erroneously perceive him to be under the most pressure constantly.

Classless Classless Classless Classless Classless Classless Classless Classless Classless Classless Classless Classless Classless Classless Classless Classless Classless Classless Classless Classless Classless Classless Classless Classless Classless Classless Classless Classless Classless Classless Classless Classless Classless Classless Classless Classless Classless Classless Classless Classless Classless Classless Classless Classless Classless Classless Classless Classless Classless Classless Classless Classless Classless Classless Classless Classless Classless Classless Classless Classless Classless Classless Classless Classless Classless Classless Classless Classless Classless Classless Classless Classless Classless Classless Classless Classless Classless Classless Classless Classless

lets say it some more, it's the fucking word of the moment on this place.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.