Arsenal thread 2011/12

Re: Goonersweb

Arsenal's hierarchy are the biggest racists imaginable. I've listened to interviews given by their chairman Peter Hill-Wood and he patently is an out-and-out racist and xenophobe.

And their minority owner is the charming and completely whiter-than-white Alisher Usmanov. Who no doubt used to swap Arsebal stickers with his fellow boyhood Gooner Stan Kroenke.

The really funny thing is that one member of the Arsenal board will be delighted with the way things are panning out for City and I'm surpised no one has picked up on it given the amount of business we've done with them. Step forward CEO and boyhood blue Ivan Gazidis.

The club that never spends.

Even though it had the second highest wage bill in the premiership for many years.

The club spent 60m more on wages than the likes of Spurs and City for 7-8 years also. That's almost half a million quid. Of course that gets brushed under the carpet

Forget the 17m on Arshavin, 12m on Nasri, 12m on Walcott, 12m on Gervinho, Oxlade Chamberlain 17m, Reyes 17m, Wiltord 13m etc, and the current 24m bid for Hazard. They have not spent a penny ever

Just change the references from Arabs to Jews and see if it isn't racist. Rat in a suit? Surely about as racist as it gets.

If they think their 'history' was achieved without spending big money they are beyond deluded. Anyone would think that until very recently football was played by talented amateurs in a Corinthian spirit. Sorry, professional football has always been about cash - it's just that the sums involved have grown out of all proportion. Arsenal were made by a very rich family who bought them and then asked Huddersfield manager Herbert Chapman to join them. He had won titles for Huddersfield and basically built Arsenal into a big club. I doubt he did it for nowt.

IIRC the people who owned Arsenal previously owned Glossop North End but jumped ship as they thought there was more glory (and money) to be had in London. Just because they did it in the 1920s doesn't make the process somehow more worthy.

It just goes to show there are contemptibles in every corner of the world. Whilst clearly an abhorrent, racist prick, I would like to ask him/her "how does it feel to be a small club?" afterall, Wenger was quoted as saying (a little while back) that if they cannot hold on to Fabregas and Nasri, their big names, they cannot be considered a big club.

...Edit... Forgot to add:

These "gentlemen" from the Middle East can't ever buy the history, that's safely locked away beyond their reach and it's still something we can tell our kids, "I was there before the arabs came, when Thierry Henry and Dennis Berkgamp and Tony Adams and the rest of the Invincibles were showing the world how the game should be played." Try buying that - you can't for any amount of money. You need class to produce that, a thing City will never, ever have.

Did they not PURCHASE Bergkamp and Henry? Oh the ironing, won't someone think of the children, Titanic etc, etc, ad nauseum.

I dislike them almost as much as the rags.

They talk about runining football but was it not the Arse who had an all foreign side for a while. I'm sure all of them didn't come through their youth academy & play for free.

Re: Gunners This Season...

OK, now Nasri is gone as well, officially. Based on the losses in their roster and their early run of form, I can really see them finishing out of the Top Four this season.

I also see Wenger out.

Wenger

Is his time at Arsenal coming to an end?

I kind of feel sorry for the guy if I'm honest; for some reason there's this inexplicable belief from some fans on here that Arsene has the final say on who leaves Arsenal. Clearly, it's not the case. He said Cashley was staying, he was sold in the next window. He said Henry was staying, he was sold in the next window.

Now:

"Our position is always the same – we want to keep Cesc and I will fight as hard as I can to keep him. Samir Nasri is exactly the same. We will do everything we can to keep him," said Wenger. "I'm confident we can get both of them to stay."

despite the typical "there's no way Wenger would let Fabregas AND Nasri leave etc etc" comments.

He wanted them both to stay, but they've both been sold. That can't make him a happy bunny. I'm not saying this is any different to the majority of clubs, but it's got to piss him off when he's stated so adamantly and publically it wouldn't happen.

I don't think he'd be sacked at this point; they'll give him at least this season. But if he can't bring in who he wants (missed out on Mata for example), does anyone reckon he'll walk either before or during next season?

He's been there a long time and I for one think he's been an excellent manager for Arsenal, but nothing lasts forever.

And while we're on about history and tradition, let's not forget Herbert Norris, the former Arsenal chairman who was banned for life in 1927 following the discovery of financial irregularities. Or how Norris mysteriously got the heavily indebted Arsenal one of the two places in the newly formed First Division in 1915, despite finishing fifth in the Second Division.

Or those respecters of history and tradition, the Hill-Wood family, who are originally from Glossop and succeeded Norris. They were involved with Glossop's football club and Peter Hill-Wood's grandfather Samuel is buried there, in a family tomb. The tomb was vandalised and the church wrote to Peter Hill-Wood to inform him of the fact and tell him they maintained the graveyard but not the graves.

Hill-Wood sent them some money but told them that he wouldn't be responsible for repairing acts of vandalism ad infinitum and not to bother him again. The football club was also in a poor state of repair and they wrote to Hill-Wood. While they didn't actually say "Can you help us?" they just wanted to let him know how the club his family had been involved with for so many years was struggling. He never bothered replying.

All this is in David Conn's wonderful book "The Beautiful Game?"

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.