Arsenal thread 2011/12

Re: Goonersweb

I like the way he refers to them as Sand Rats and then says he isn't racist. Disgraceful that the mods on that board haven't deleted his comments and warned/banned him.
The OP was pretty good but he just got shouted down by pricks like this.

Re: Wenger

For awhile I thought the man had integrity and class, turns out he had neither and was a **** like the rest of em so no I really don't feel anything for him. He'll be gone by the end of the season and probably to PSG with it's new found wealth.

Wish his fellow countryman Twatini would also find a similar fate but you don't always get want you want, no matter how many times Jagger wishes you to try.

He only has two more seasons after this anyway. But if he doesn't buy well with the money from Nasri, Fabregas and the others, and their level of performance continues to drop, then he'll be crucified by the fans. The board will have to act.

Astuteboy said:
Is his time at Arsenal coming to an end?

I kind of feel sorry for the guy if I'm honest; for some reason there's this inexplicable belief from some fans on here that Arsene has the final say on who leaves Arsenal. Clearly, it's not the case. He said Cashley was staying, he was sold in the next window. He said Henry was staying, he was sold in the next window.

Now:

"Our position is always the same – we want to keep Cesc and I will fight as hard as I can to keep him. Samir Nasri is exactly the same. We will do everything we can to keep him," said Wenger. "I'm confident we can get both of them to stay."

despite the typical "there's no way Wenger would let Fabregas AND Nasri leave etc etc" comments.

He wanted them both to stay, but they've both been sold. That can't make him a happy bunny. I'm not saying this is any different to the majority of clubs, but it's got to piss him off when he's stated so adamantly and publically it wouldn't happen.

I don't think he'd be sacked at this point; they'll give him at least this season. But if he can't bring in who he wants (missed out on Mata for example), does anyone reckon he'll walk either before or during next season?

He's been there a long time and I for one think he's been an excellent manager for Arsenal, but nothing lasts forever.
I'm actually glad you posted that as it's been on my mind for a long time also.

Don't even think i can add to wot you've posted truth be told and simply hope all the arrogant fuckwits give this thread a chance !

Re: Gunners This Season...

This thread is piss funny if anyone wants a read. A poll about who they'll sell next to us.

Who will we sell to Man City next?

We've established a nice feeder club relationship with the richest club in the world, and after receiving upwards of 70m from the sales of Adebayor, Toure, Nasri and Clichy, who will they buy off us next?

My money's on Vermaelen. With their lack of good defenders they'll be in the market for a CB next summer. I almost feel sorry for them playing Lescott as a CB. Vermaelen signed a 4 year deal when he arrived, so next summer he'll only have 1 year left. I'm no mathmetician, but this all adds up to City coming in and signing him next summer. A Vermaelen-Kompany partnership would be quite scary.

Who do you reckon they'll sign from us in the near future? Mind you we're running out of good players to sell to them.
<a class="postlink" href="http://arsenal-mania.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=140682" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://arsenal-mania.com/forum/viewtopi ... 2&t=140682</a>

Will Arsenal compete?

Wenger recently said:

"Imagine the worst situation - we lose Fabregas and Nasri - you cannot convince people you are ambitious after that," he said.

"If you give that message out, you cannot pretend you are a big club, because a big club first of all holds onto its big players and gives a message out to all the other big clubs that they just cannot come in and take away from you."

Forget the title, I can't see them finishing in the top 4 this season after this.

Re: Will Arsenal compete?

They have absolutely no chance of winning the title. Simples.

They could get into the top 4 though. Van Persie is one of the best strikers in world football, Wilshere is amazing and I'd imagine they would sign at least one good player (Hazard most likely).

I wouldn't bet on them to get in the top 4 personally, I reckon Liverpool will get in (along with us, United and Chelsea).

Re: Gunners This Season...

Rumours that Wilshires has had another injury setback and will miss the next two months.

ARSENALS MIDFIELD (IS IT A CRISIS?)

With the iminent departure of Nasri to us, is the arses midfield really that bad? I know it was better with Fabragas and Nasri but they still have some pretty good players in the middle, young players like manure, if not better. Wenger isnt daft to not sign anybody without thinking these lads cant do it.
Wilshere, Ramsey and Frimpong arnt bad players, and the one who stood out on saturday agains the dippers (i know he got sent off) Frimpong has a lot going for him for a 19 year old.
Thoughts Please.

Re: Will Arsenal compete?

Too early to worry about anyone else! They have eight days and a pot of money so we will have a better idea at the start of September. A positive for us though, lets show some steel and get something on Sunday!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.