Arsenal thread 2011/12

I will say that pingpong and Gervinho look the business, yes pingpong had the red card but all in all he looks a good buy, big weight on young shoulders.

mansour's tow ropes said:
Mugatu said:
leighton said:
Gervhino looked good tonight for them.

He looks a real top quality player to be fair, he'll scare most defences to death this season. Very, very quick feet.
Really? I think he looks fookin rubbish up to now! Very gangly and not very agile

-- Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:40 pm --

On another note, is it just me who thinks aaron ramsey looks very average? He looks like gareth barry and plays like him too. Only difference is its barry's job to pick the safe and easy option, not ramsey's
Not very agile? Are you sure its not Arshavin you are mixing him with? gervinho is as agile as anyone and he beats players so easily. he went past that udinese defender 10 times atleast. he will be one of the stars in the league this season. i will have a bet with anyone in this forum that he will get more goals and assists than Nasri this season.....anyone

Arsene said:
Not very agile? Are you sure its not Arshavin you are mixing him with? gervinho is as agile as anyone and he beats players so easily.

He was beating the Udinese right back for fun last night with some pretty impressive footwork, so I'm not sure what game the naysayers were watching. Not everything came off but he does show some real promise.

Arsene said:
i will have a bet with anyone in this forum that he will get more goals and assists than Nasri this season.....anyone

Steady Arsene, I wouldn't go that far. Nasri's another level up from Gervhino in my view, but G will net you a couple. Niether of them are strikers of course.

I hope you don't get sacked this year though because I like you, you silly, miserable, droopy faced, excuse master of a loveable man!

if this was city everyone including arsenal would be laughing at us

but it's them in the shit so it's a HA from me

if they don't spend they won't finish in top 4

Mugatu said:
Arsene said:
Not very agile? Are you sure its not Arshavin you are mixing him with? gervinho is as agile as anyone and he beats players so easily.

He was beating the Udinese right back for fun last night with some pretty impressive footwork, so I'm not sure what game the naysayers were watching. Not everything came off but he does show some real promise.

Arsene said:
i will have a bet with anyone in this forum that he will get more goals and assists than Nasri this season.....anyone

Steady Arsene, I wouldn't go that far. Nasri's another level up from Gervhino in my view, but G will net you a couple. Niether of them are strikers of course.

I hope you don't get sacked this year though because I like you, you silly, miserable, droopy faced, excuse master of a loveable man!
Nasri is very good player as is Gervinho. but they are different players with different strengths. We play 4-3-3 and if you gonna have a left forward in that system, then Gervinho suits that position much more than nasri as his game is more natural there. So we have gained a more productive player, but we have lost alot of possession and link up play. Our strength in the past have been keeping possession and nasri and fabregas played huge part in this, we look much weaker in that aspect. Thats why its vital Wenger address this coming few days. but as I say in terms of goals and assists, i expect him to get more than nasri

Tiattos_Waterbottle said:
On SSN -

"City only filled half their allocation at the Emirates"

That's cause you charge the highest, cockney tosser.

It was a monday night on tv ...because the club did`nt go for the higher amount of tickets i had to get a ticket in with the Jeremys and Jimimas

and what a bunch of moaning whinging fookwits they were

On SSN -

Yeah? And how do you think us Gooners feel when the working class traditional supporters are being priced out of their own club? It's the cost of modern football, and the same thing will happen to City in a few years.

Remember Chelsea pre-Abramovich and pre Ranieri? They were like Fulham, the club everyone kind of liked but perpetually in mid-lower table. Their fans were loud and passionate, but less than a decade after hitting the jackpot their stadium is a library too.

In a few years you won't even be allowed to stand up in a stadium anymore, you'll probably have a family sitting near you eating sandwiches hushing you. Laugh at us all you want, but when the plastics flock to you in a few years it won't be as funny when it happens to you.

Arshavin23 said:
On SSN -

Yeah? And how do you think us Gooners feel when the working class traditional supporters are being priced out of their own club? It's the cost of modern football, and the same thing will happen to City in a few years.

Remember Chelsea pre-Abramovich and pre Ranieri? They were like Fulham, the club everyone kind of liked but perpetually in mid-lower table. Their fans were loud and passionate, but less than a decade after hitting the jackpot their stadium is a library too.

In a few years you won't even be allowed to stand up in a stadium anymore, you'll probably have a family sitting near you eating sandwiches hushing you. Laugh at us all you want, but when the plastics flock to you in a few years it won't be as funny when it happens to you.

Chelsea were never as irrelevent as Fulham tbh.

Chelsea 1996-2001

FA Cupx2, League Cup, Super Cup, UEFA Cup Winner's Cup, Premier League Runners-up.

It seems to be Arsenal and Liverpool fans (the ones who lost out most from Chelsea's ascendancy) that seem to want to perpetuate this myth that Chelsea were a small club who finished 13th every season before they got investment.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.