Arsenal thread 2011/12

Arshavin23 said:
Tiattos_Waterbottle said:
On SSN -

"City only filled half their allocation at the Emirates"

That's cause you charge the highest, cockney tosser.

Yeah? And how do you think us Gooners feel when the working class traditional supporters are being priced out of their own club? It's the cost of modern football, and the same thing will happen to City in a few years.

Remember Chelsea pre-Abramovich and pre Ranieri? They were like Fulham, the club everyone kind of liked but perpetually in mid-lower table. Their fans were loud and passionate, but less than a decade after hitting the jackpot their stadium is a library too.

In a few years you won't even be allowed to stand up in a stadium anymore, you'll probably have a family sitting near you eating sandwiches hushing you. Laugh at us all you want, but when the plastics flock to you in a few years it won't be as funny when it happens to you.

Arsenal fans are anything but working class. Who are you trying to kid, Tarquin?

Maybe if you weren't a bunch of whining, stuck up arseholes with a massive sense of self entitlement rivaling the rest of the appointed Top 4 but in my experience you lot are know it all braggarts who took the piss at every opportunity before we finished above you and won a cup. So pardon me if I shed no tears for poor Arsene, maybe you can console yourself with how well your club is run, that's all you seem to go on about.

Interesting stats here. The top ten players with the highest number of successful passes in the last third of the field last season.

1. Nasri - 601
2. Malouda - 593
3. Fabregas - 548
4. Silva - 530
5. Modric - 528
6. Wilshere - 527
7. Arteta - 499
8. K Davies - 499
9. Murphy - 483
10. Adam - 465

Arseanl had three of those and they've lost the two higher placed ones.

Prestwich_Blue said:
Interesting stats here. The top ten players with the highest number of successful passes in the last third of the field last season.

1. Nasri - 601
2. Malouda - 593
3. Fabregas - 548
4. Silva - 530
5. Modric - 528
6. Wilshere - 527
7. Arteta - 499
8. K Davies - 499
9. Murphy - 483
10. Adam - 465

Arseanl had three of those and they've lost the two higher placed ones.
No United player on the list, which I find very surprising. No question that our ball retention in attacking areas will be much better this season.

Arshavin23 said:
On SSN -

"City only filled half their allocation at the Emirates"

That's cause you charge the highest, cockney tosser.

Yeah? And how do you think us Gooners feel when the working class traditional supporters are being priced out of their own club? It's the cost of modern football, and the same thing will happen to City in a few years.

Remember Chelsea pre-Abramovich and pre Ranieri? They were like Fulham, the club everyone kind of liked but perpetually in mid-lower table. Their fans were loud and passionate, but less than a decade after hitting the jackpot their stadium is a library too.

In a few years you won't even be allowed to stand up in a stadium anymore, you'll probably have a family sitting near you eating sandwiches hushing you. Laugh at us all you want, but when the plastics flock to you in a few years it won't be as funny when it happens to you.

Arsenal fans are anything but working class. Who are you trying to kid, Tarquin?

Maybe if you weren't a bunch of whining, stuck up arseholes with a massive sense of self entitlement rivaling the rest of the appointed Top 4 but in my experience you lot are know it all braggarts who took the piss at every opportunity before we finished above you and won a cup. So pardon me if I shed no tears for poor Arsene, maybe you can console yourself with how well your club is run, that's all you seem to go on about.

Honestly what the hell is up with this forum? Every City fan I've met has been gracious, humble and the complete opposite of United fans. I come here and pure venom and vitriol being spewed. What, do the City fans I know not use a computer or post on a nicer forum?

Arshavin23 said:
Arshavin23 said:

Honestly what the hell is up with this forum? Every City fan I've met has been gracious, humble and the complete opposite of United fans. I come here and pure venom and vitriol being spewed. What, do the City fans I know not use a computer or post on a nicer forum?
Don't come on here then? nobody is forcing you..
+ are other City forums.

Arshavin23 said:
Shock, horror. Over-reaction on a football forum. Whatever next?

To be fair, we took a lot of stick from your fellow fan gooney on here when he was somewhat premature about our relative league positions. And there's also been a lot of nasty sniping from the Arsenal hierarchy about our club. Peter Hill-Wood & Keith Edelman (when he was CEO) could barely conceal their contempt for our owners and Hill-Wood was positively racist.

Now Kroenke's in control and you have a lifelong Blue as CEO, it's only that bitter little voyeur of a manager of yours that bad-mouths us.

perspective

You have to give credit where its due, utd played very well against a very poor arsenal team on their own pitch, lets not get all chewed up about their performance, lets enjoy OUR victory away against a full strength spurs, just for once lets not pour petrol all over the fire of their gloating.

Re: perspective

I am in no way whatsoever disheartened, we had an amazing result today, nothing will take away from that.

Arsenal are in turmoil, we would have battered them today too, however, we beat a better side, away, by 5 goals to 1.

I am happy with that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.