Arsenal thread 2011/12

Re: Arsenal Thread

Mertersaker is a good defender and is what they need. Vermalen is the ball playing centre half in that team. Cahill Bolton were looking for way too much for him and come Xmas Arsenal and Spurs or any other team can all come in and bid for him on a free transfer.

Arsenal money wise they are fine. There big problem is there wages set up at the club. Brady was saying behind the scenes that Wenger is stuck to a certain wage structure. They can splash the big money but they cant afford the big money wages. He thinks after both Nasri and Cesc all leaving that this will change in the coming months and Wenger will be able to offer his better players the bigger money. In fairness Arteta may well be a good player but £80 grand a week seems a bit too much for Arsenal so no wonder he got him down to £70 grand a week. He had no choice and for Arteta he was willing to take that cut to play in the Champions league.

Wilshere out for two more months, shame we don't play them in this period.

LoveCity said:
Wilshere out for two more months, shame we don't play them in this period.

Of all the away days against top teams to have after our CL group games we have Liverpool, Chelsea and the Rags.. Why the **** couldn't it have been Arsenal? :(

A new blog is going up on the daisy cutter from yours truly tomorrow. An update to the one i wrote at the beginning of the summer on all things Arsenal.

Don't think i'll be getting many xmas cards from my gooner mates this year...;- )

Wenger has got a 2 match ban from UEFA. I thought he would of got away with it after they let him on the sideline for the last match. I wonder if Wenger and Arsenal will appeal this again?

First Wilshere, now Vermaelen

ESPNSoccernet ESPN Soccernet
Vermaelen has an achilles problem - the other leg to that which ruled him out of 2010-11. Two months out. Dwindling resources and hopes?
2 hours ago

I'm not buying the excuse that everyone at Arsenal are injury prone. The good players are overplayed because they don't have depth and their diagnostic team is a joke.

Hopefully their careers aren't ended before they can engineer a move to City. ;)

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.thedaisycutter.co.uk/2011/09/arsene%E2%80%99s-summer-of-discontent/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.thedaisycutter.co.uk/2011/09 ... iscontent/</a>

My take on Arsenal's summer...

Blue Haze said:
First Wilshere, now Vermaelen

ESPNSoccernet ESPN Soccernet
Vermaelen has an achilles problem - the other leg to that which ruled him out of 2010-11. Two months out. Dwindling resources and hopes?
2 hours ago

I'm not buying the excuse that everyone at Arsenal are injury prone. The good players are overplayed because they don't have depth and their diagnostic team is a joke.

Hopefully their careers aren't ended before they can engineer a move to City. ;)

Vermalen will only be missing for a month. So by the looks of it Metersacker will be a major player for them until he comes back. Some easier games for them compared to the last 2 games for them.

See Frimpong has decided to declare for Ghana instead of England aswell.

Its odd as I believe that the majority of these new signing would have gelled with players such as Nasri, Cesc and Clichy. If you add a defender and playmaking depth to what they had at the start of last year they could have contended on all fronts.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.