Arsenal thread 2011/12

Salford_Blue said:
Arshavin23 said:
bored at work said:
The shit seeding system is the only reason that they got through the group stages. Have to qualify yet they are put in pot 1. Our 3rd string would have qualified from their group, really hope they draw Napoli next round - a reality check is well overdue

We're seeded so high because we earned it. Qualified for 16 years in a row, got to the final in 06, semi final in 08, and almost always quarters/semis in between.

And what are you on about with this "reality check" bollox? We slipped to 4th place and lost our 2 best midfielders, got destroyed 8-2 at old trafford and were forced to fight against a very much in form Udinese to even earn our place in the groups.

Then we were put in the same group as Marseille and Dortmund, who before the ball was even kicked were predicted to top the group with us in the Europa league. The hype around Dortmund alone was ridiculous, and all their fans were laughing when they drew us. We shut them up and gave THEM a reality check.

We were 17th place and clawed our way up to 4th, came back from hell.

When your team has had the double done over them by Wycombe Wanderers in the third tier of The Football League, then you can use the term, "came back from hell".
Coming on here with your sob stories doesn't wash sunbeam

There's a bit of perspective for you!

We are seeded due to the simple fact that we have been ever present in the champions league since wenger took over. It's the first time city were in the champions league hence were in pot 3. There is no excuse of 'it was our first time'. It was Napoli's first time and they are through to the last 16. Spurs reached the quarter finals in their first season in the CL. Plus, city have the better and bigger squad.

Onto Nasri, the main reason he gets booed is because he had 6 months of good form and decided he was bigger than the club. When we played newcastle, the fans sang the song 'nasri you're a c*nt'. Nasri said afterwards 'i'm still an Arsenal player so I don't see why you are singing these songs'. So we thought there's a chance he would stay. He played against liverpool and then later moved to city. We felt let down.

He was one of our best players and he chucked the club's hard work back in our face. Difference between him and clichy and cesc was that cesc wanted to go to Barca for years. Cesc was consistent for years. He won a trophy with us. Clichy the same gave 100% every game and won a few trophies with us.

Adebayor and Nasri get booed because they have no loyalty towards their club. Look at Clichy, Patrick Vieira, David Seaman, Kolo Toure.All played for city after Arsenal and never got booed. Nothing to do with city. It's the fact that Nasri and Adebayor and unloyal.

Look at Nasri for city, a few assists in August/September. Now he hardly plays except for the Carling cup and even then he can't wait to come off. Look at his twitter, every other day he tweets about Arsenal.

As for clichy being a top signing and a 'steal'. The guy is still hugely respected for Arsenal. He gives 100% every game and has a terrific engine but he is prone to mistakes. Check the 4-3 goal against Spurs at the emirates. The James Mcfadden penalty against us.

He is prone to mistakes as he showed tonight getting sent off and in the community shield for nani's last goal. City fans like him because he gives 100% but there are a bunch of better Left Back's in the league than Clichy.

As for Sunday should be a good game. The game will be won and lost in midfield. If Yaya Toure and Silva overpower Arteta and Song then victory will be city's. But with RVP you never know!

True Gooner said:
He is prone to mistakes as he showed tonight getting sent off and in the community shield for nani's last goal. City fans like him because he gives 100% but there are a bunch of better Left Back's in the league than Clichy.

!

Name this 'bunch' of left backs who could have started for Arsenal for the last 6 years and the league leaders this year. I can maybe think of 2 or 3 that are on his level.

I rate Patrice Evra, Ashley Cole, Leighton Baines and Jose Enrique above Gael Clichy. He has only been at city for a few months. The more he plays the more mistakes you will see in his game. He's not the worst LB in the league but he's not great. He is average. He's a much better attacker than defender.

True Gooner said:
I rate Patrice Evra, Ashley Cole, Leighton Baines and Jose Enrique above Gael Clichy. He has only been at city for a few months. The more he plays the more mistakes you will see in his game. He's not the worst LB in the league but he's not great. He is average. He's a much better attacker than defender.
Patrice Evra...even the rags are saying how shit he has been for a year...

Re: Re: Arsenal thread 2011/12

Prestwich_Blue said:
stony said:
They'll win fuck all again this year and might not even scrape 4th. All the Tarquins and Henriettas were getting restless before the start of this season, if they don't get 4th they will be positively apoplectic.
Believe me - they're going to be apoplectic in January.

reliantrobinmk1.jpg

D500_1_70_72_6_-1_-1_-1_-1_-1_-1_2006_iveco_daily_van.jpg

coal-dust-percy.jpg

?

True Gooner said:

I know this is biased being a spurs fan but Assou-Ekotto has been very solid this year, potentially up their.

-- Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:50 am --

True Gooner said:

I know this is biased being a spurs fan but Assou-Ekotto has been very solid this year, potentially up their.

-- Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:52 am --

True Gooner said:

I know this is biased being a spurs fan but Assou-Ekotto has been very solid this year, potentially up their.<br /><br />-- Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:53 am --<br /><br />
True Gooner said:

He's been so good he deserves to be mentioned three times apparently.

Benny's been solid for a long time but continues to fly under the radar, only good news as far as I'm concerned, the less opposition clubs/fans/managers/Scottish twats on MOTD hate him the better.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.