Arsenal Thread 2013/14

Status
Not open for further replies.
prestonibbo_mcfc said:
Ronuja said:
Marvin said:
Well we'll have to disagree about the impact of Ramsey. Think back to the start of the season, and the form Ramsey was in. Whether it would have lasted I can't be sure. But he is a level above their other midfielders

I think you're on the money here. It's hard to overstate the impact early season Ramsey had. At one point I think he was Arsenal's top-scorer as well as the player with the most tackles. His contribution was almost messianic in nature, so in addition to his old nickname of 'Rambo' some fans started referring to him as thte 'Welsh Jesus'. There were doubts of course about whether he could continue such super-human levels of performance, and I guess we'll have to wonder, but after returning from injury he seems to have hit the ground running with a goal and an assist in his first start against Hull. I don't know if Arsenal would have won the league had he stayed fit during that whole time, but I'm fairly confident that the 7-point gap between us and the top would be smaller.

Don't kid yourself. Ramsey is a superb midfielder, but football is a team/squad game and Arsenal at the moment are tooweak.
Arsenal did what they do every year (capitulation), Ramsey or no Ramsey. There's always a bloody good excuse. But funny it
happens around the same time every season.

There's no question that the team as a whole capitulated in the matches at Anfield and Stamford Bridge, in the most embarassing fashion. But I'm looking at a stale 1-0 defeat at Stoke, an insipid 2-2 draw with Swansea where I think he could have made a big difference.

Everyone can talk about injuries, we have missed Ramsey and even more so Walcott but we are where we deserve to be. What if Yaya silva kompany and nastasic never got injured for Man city. It is part of the season and not being able to cope with injuries is a weakness that we need to address in the summer.
As for this weekend, its interesting now that Everton must beat city to have a chance of 4th. A draw is no good to either team so if both went for it hopefully that will play into city's hands. Beat everton, win the league, we get 4th and win the cup. Very nice season indeed. See you at Wembley in august.

AwayDay said:
Everyone can talk about injuries, we have missed Ramsey and even more so Walcott but we are where we deserve to be. What if Yaya silva kompany and nastasic never got injured for Man city. It is part of the season and not being able to cope with injuries is a weakness that we need to address in the summer.
As for this weekend, its interesting now that Everton must beat city to have a chance of 4th. A draw is no good to either team so if both went for it hopefully that will play into city's hands. Beat everton, win the league, we get 4th and win the cup. Very nice season indeed. See you at Wembley in august.

I've seen a lot of Arsenal fans jumping the gun here and elsewhere on the internet. We ain't won nothing yet.

AwayDay said:
^^ An Arsenal fan admitting that other teams suffer badly with injuries too, brilliant.
Right Marvin, if you read this, if we had Vinny, Jovetic, Aguero, Negredo, Silva, Nasri, Richards, Yaya and Fernandinho fit and firing all season and Arsenal had kept their boys fit, how many points do you think they would be ahead of us?

Arsenal doing things the right way.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2616631/Arsenal-fans-plan-protest-West-Brom-game-Stan-Kroenke-ticket-prices.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... rices.html</a>

Arsenal fans plan protest before West Brom game over Stan Kroenke and ticket prices

By Matthew Morlidge Follow @@MattMorlidge

Published: 10:57, 30 April 2014 | Updated: 11:04, 30 April 2014

Arsenal fans will form a protest on Sunday over a 3% increase in ticket prices and the input of American majority shareholder Stan Kroenke.

Twitter account Arsenal_Anon is pushing the campaign, which is expected to draw hundreds of fans outside the Emirates Stadium before the game against West Brom on Sunday.

The protest is 'unrelated to how good or bad the team is doing' and is focused on the greed of many behind the club's finances.
lso about ticket prices, which the Arsenal_Anon Twitter account shows

Arsenal announced the 3% ticket increase for next season in January, in line with inflation, and it was met with dismay by supporters groups.

The Arsenal Anon statement refers to fans being hit with the 'highest ticket prices in world football.'

Tickets for 'Category A' games this season, which have included FA Cup ties where a weakened team has been selected, can rise as high as £123.50.

The lowest cost for such games is £62, while other clubs in the Premier League and especially on the continent boast much more affordable match outings.

Fixtures at home to Stoke City, Sunderland, and this weekend's visitors West Brom are 'Category B', but prices can also raise to a figure of £71.50.

Meanwhile, season tickets can be as high as £1,995, much higher than their direct rivals.

FULL ARSENAL ANON STATEMENT

Next Sunday (4th May), we will be taking action outside the Directors Entrance before the West Brom game to let the custodians know our feelings on the upcoming ticket price rise. We'll be meeting at 12.30pm by Bear Roundabout (opposite the Armoury) & ask all like minded Arsenal fans to join us in this protest which is related solely to 3% increase and against Stan Kroenke.

We are not protesting against Arsenal, because we the fans are Arsenal. We are protesting against a greedy billionaire owner who has done nothing but take advantage of the supporters. To quote a better American by the name of Thomas Jeffrerson - 'the truest form patriotism is dissent'

Despite Premier League clubs receiving extra TV revenue of up to 70%, Stan Kroenke has decided to continue to hit the fans with the highest ticket prices in world football. It's believed that Arsenal have a cash surplus of £100million. If anything, prices should be going down - not up. Maintaining the status quo on ticket pricing would be bad enough - as it's already too high for too many hard up Arsenal supporters. In recent years the traditional fan base has been priced out and cast aside to be replaced by the affluent. Those diehard fans which have stayed on are making a sacrifice to their finances, that is now close to breaking point.

So to increase the prices by a further 3% is an abomination and must be met with visible resistance at the stadium.

If we don't tell the club they are wrong to increase prices, then why shouldn't they feel justified in making us pay more?

Succeed or fail, it's time to take action and make a stand. Whether it's 1000 of us or 10 of us, we go out on our shield. Whether we win or lose, we can say that we made a stand for our club whilst others sided with apathy.

Our protest is unrelated to how good or bad the team is doing. Even if we were the European Champions we would take this action because Arsenal fans are being priced out by billionaires, of whose bellies are more than full.

Stan Kroenke has come in for a lot of criticism since becoming the majority shareholder at the club, with many feeling that more money should be invested in the team to help manager Arsene Wenger.

And what's more, he has been accused of being greedy, as well as doing 'nothing but take advantage of the supporters.'

£42.5million was dished out on Mesut Ozil in the summer, but many believe himself and chief executive Ivan Gazidis need to do more to appease fans.

The protest will take place around an hour before the crucial Premier League game with West Brom kicks off on Sunday, outside the Directors Entrance.

It has been supported by BSM on Twitter, Arsenal's largest supporter's group.

Follow @Arsenal_Anon on Twitter.

Read more: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2616631/Arsenal-fans-plan-protest-West-Brom-game-Stan-Kroenke-ticket-prices.html#ixzz30Mja8afD" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... z30Mja8afD</a>
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

About time too. We get absolutely fleeced. I try not to think about how much I spend following arsenal because I cant justify it.
And even with all that I cant get tickets for the cup final. Even with a season ticket I dont meet the criteria...where as the football "family" get 40k tickets.
Its all a shambles right now.

AwayDay said:

You'll do for me.

prestonibbo_mcfc said:
Ronuja said:
Marvin said:
Well we'll have to disagree about the impact of Ramsey. Think back to the start of the season, and the form Ramsey was in. Whether it would have lasted I can't be sure. But he is a level above their other midfielders

I think you're on the money here. It's hard to overstate the impact early season Ramsey had. At one point I think he was Arsenal's top-scorer as well as the player with the most tackles. His contribution was almost messianic in nature, so in addition to his old nickname of 'Rambo' some fans started referring to him as thte 'Welsh Jesus'. There were doubts of course about whether he could continue such super-human levels of performance, and I guess we'll have to wonder, but after returning from injury he seems to have hit the ground running with a goal and an assist in his first start against Hull. I don't know if Arsenal would have won the league had he stayed fit during that whole time, but I'm fairly confident that the 7-point gap between us and the top would be smaller.

Don't kid yourself. Ramsey is a superb midfielder, but football is a team/squad game and Arsenal at the moment are tooweak.
Arsenal did what they do every year (capitulation), Ramsey or no Ramsey. There's always a bloody good excuse. But funny it
happens around the same time every season.
Apart from against United I don't think it's fair to say Arsenal capitulated. Actually this mentally weak Arsenal is much overplayed by the media. Apart from against United who have given them some mental scarring they tend to do well enough. This Arsenal team just lacks quality.

Their results against the big teams at home were poor, but do not suggest a team that capitulated. They did not lose one match against a top team at home, but at the same time only beat Liverpool and Tottenham out of the top six. Their performances away are more due to the way Wenger set the team up than any weakness the current team has.

Like usual Arsenal have an injury crisis like no other in the Premiership. I would call it bad luck, but it happens to much. It's not a coincidence that they repeatedly lose players for such a long time.

Had Wilshere and Ramsey they would not have won at the Etihad and Anfield, but probably would have beaten Stoke, Swansea, Southampton and maybe even Everton.

If Arsene finally has money next season (whether he has finally opened the coffers or stadium has finally been paid for) then they will be a threat. Lars Bender, Draxler and say Higuain will bridge the gap. Either way the Premiership looks set to dominate football in the foreseeable future.

afc16 said:
Matty said:
Marvin said:
If Ramsey had stayed fit, I think they would have won the League

Their decline coincides with Ramsey's injury.

Just as key to Arsenal as RVP was to Utd, and Aguero is to City, Suarez to Liverpool etc

I don't think I can express how much I disagree with what you've put there.

Yes they missed Ramsey, but he's nowhere near as influential as any of the 3 players you've mentioned above.

Arsenal were always going to fall away as the season reached its end, they haven't got the squad depth, or the squad quality, to carry a legitimate title challenge. Their strikers are limited in the extreme, and their midfield is made up of ball players, but no size, strength of solidity. They've been playing Arteta in a holding, defensive role, can you see him getting many games in any role for City or Chelsea, let alone in a holding position?!

i just don't get this 'aresenal were always going to fall away' business i really don't.

based on the form of some of our players, are you really suggesting the 7 point gap wouldn't be smaller had we not had ozil/wilshere/ramsey/walcott all out at the same time for a number of months, on top of koscielny for a few of the games as well?

lets just say we only managed 1 extra win had those players not got injured all at once, that puts us just 4 points behind the leaders, going into the last 2 games of the season, i hardly call that falling away?? i mean people have been saying that since the start of the season, even by jan when we were still top. well to finish anywhere between 4-7 points behind the winners, considering the injuries, is hardly what i call falling away.

So you have conveniently forgotten being about 6? points clear at the top then?

I'd say ending up 13 points worse off than that point is falling away.

aguero93:20 said:
AwayDay said:
^^ An Arsenal fan admitting that other teams suffer badly with injuries too, brilliant.
Right Marvin, if you read this, if we had Vinny, Jovetic, Aguero, Negredo, Silva, Nasri, Richards, Yaya and Fernandinho fit and firing all season and Arsenal had kept their boys fit, how many points do you think they would be ahead of us?
I don't think we would have caught Arsenal.

We fell behind in part because of injuries, in part because of the fantastic form of Ramsey who was inspiring Arsenal, and mostly because early season City were still coming to terms with the tactics of the new manager. At any rate for whatever reason, we couldn't win away for weeks.

I know all teams have injuries, but Ramsey was special in those early months of the season. He was scoring every week, and playing some amazing football. He brings something extra to their team, and they don't have a replacement for him

On the other hand they have been lucky that Giroud stayed fit

I think there's going to be a lot of changes in the Summer, and if Chelsea get a forward, and he clicks they will be formidable. And Arsenal will be there too because of Ramsey. He can go all the way, and Arsenal had better make sure they build a team around him pretty quickly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.