Arsenal Thread 2013/14

Status
Not open for further replies.
ManCitizens. said:
Why do they all keep saying they're champions of the cup?

Even today on goals on Sunday Sherwood described them as "the champions". It was clearly in reference to the cup but since when have the FA Cup winners been labelled as any kind of champions? I don't remember us describing ourselves as the champions of the League Cup in March, Wigan fans singing it is understandable, but Arsenal.

Annoys me too....

This season looked like it was going horribly wrong, liverpool with one hand on the title and chelsea in semis of CL , and then us 2-0 down after 8 mins in the cup final. Ended brilliantly though. See you in the community shield.
Very pleased for Ramsey and Koscielny, one had a horrible leg break and another a horrible final vs birmingham 3 years ago when his clanger cost us the trophy. both scored and Ramsey is already entering his name into club folklore, super player and we missed him greatly but his absence cant be used as an excuse for not winning the title because if all 20 clubs never got any injuries, City would've won it at a canter.

The Community Shield will herald the start of your next nine year blight, Whinger will again concentrate on his Holy Grail..4th place, but if Platini gets his way then you will no longer be in Pot 1 and will have to struggle in the lower pots. How can perennially coming fourth get you in the top pot? If Whinger really wanted fair play surely he would point out that you are there by default.
Apart from that congratulations on the win.

AwayDay said:
This season looked like it was going horribly wrong, liverpool with one hand on the title and chelsea in semis of CL , and then us 2-0 down after 8 mins in the cup final. Ended brilliantly though. See you in the community shield.
Very pleased for Ramsey and Koscielny, one had a horrible leg break and another a horrible final vs birmingham 3 years ago when his clanger cost us the trophy. both scored and Ramsey is already entering his name into club folklore, super player and we missed him greatly but his absence cant be used as an excuse for not winning the title because if all 20 clubs never got any injuries, City would've won it at a canter.
Time to relax now and enjoy the afterglow of successful seasons, take in the World Cup and then watch the Transfer window unfold.

City are in a very strong position. FFP has made the headlines at City, but I don't think City were due to spend big this Summer. The team has been built, we just need to keep it ticking over.

Chelsea are well placed too as I think they only really have one glaring weakness - up front.

Arsenal should do well too next season. Ramsey is my favourite non-City player. He's really only been at this level for this season, but he really did have a special season. I think he's the best midfielder in the Premiership. He was having a poor FA Cup Final, but then produced that moment of magic. A different goal to Yaya and Nasri's in the League Cup Final, but a moment of genius.

Wenger seems to have been using City's cheque book, and Chelsea's cheque book as an excuse why his teams have not been as competitive as they should have been over the last decade. But I think that's a bit of an excuse. Until now, Arsenal haven't even looked to compete and appear to have been happy to finish 4th even if the fans got frustrated. This should be the time to push on for Arsenal. On paper the top 4 is going to be an even fiercer fight next season, and 1 of the 5 obvious candidates is going to miss out.

silverback said:
The Community Shield will herald the start of your next nine year blight, Whinger will again concentrate on his Holy Grail..4th place, but if Platini gets his way then you will no longer be in Pot 1 and will have to struggle in the lower pots. How can perennially coming fourth get you in the top pot? If Whinger really wanted fair play surely he would point out that you are there by default.
Apart from that congratulations on the win.

I think its about results in the champions league/europa league, not the premier league, that decides which pot you are in. The media saw you getting through the groups this season as success because you had not done it before, and hammered us for losing in the last 16 for the 4th year running. I think you still have some way to go to get to pot 1.
I could be wrong though about the seeding, if champions get pot 1 then you should be in it, I just thought league positions had nothing to do with it.
Other than that, I dont expect us to go that long without another trophy, we have a competitive set up now.

gmckennasell said:
arsenal only won the fa cup , because we prioritised our game against barcelona , we rested 8 players against wigan , otherwise we would have won the treble , but i am quite happy for whinger to collect the crumbs from our table.

the crumbs would have been the capital one cup? don't think any true football fan can call winning fa cup 'picking up the crumbs', and I'm not saying that just because we won it.

and if we didn't have so many injuries around jan-march, we might have stayed top of the table? who knows, the point is we didn't, and you didn't beat wigan, whatever the reasons/excuses. you rested players because you thought you could beat wigan with a weaker team.

Marvin said:
AwayDay said:
Time to relax now and enjoy the afterglow of successful seasons, take in the World Cup and then watch the Transfer window unfold.

City are in a very strong position. FFP has made the headlines at City, but I don't think City were due to spend big this Summer. The team has been built, we just need to keep it ticking over.

Chelsea are well placed too as I think they only really have one glaring weakness - up front.

Arsenal should do well too next season. Ramsey is my favourite non-City player. He's really only been at this level for this season, but he really did have a special season. I think he's the best midfielder in the Premiership. He was having a poor FA Cup Final, but then produced that moment of magic. A different goal to Yaya and Nasri's in the League Cup Final, but a moment of genius.

Wenger seems to have been using City's cheque book, and Chelsea's cheque book as an excuse why his teams have not been as competitive as they should have been over the last decade. But I think that's a bit of an excuse. Until now, Arsenal haven't even looked to compete and appear to have been happy to finish 4th even if the fans got frustrated. This should be the time to push on for Arsenal. On paper the top 4 is going to be an even fiercer fight next season, and 1 of the 5 obvious candidates is going to miss out.

Fucking hell Marvin, he's had a brilliant half a season and you think he's better than Yaya, Nasri and Silva ? Give your head a wobble mate.

Wreckless Alec said:
cookster said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
i think he meant savor the moment 2bh.

Aye I did, typo. Not like an Arsehole fan to get giddy.

It was a joke !

Haha I'm glad someone got it.

gmckennasell said:
arsenal only won the fa cup , because we prioritised our game against barcelona , we rested 8 players against wigan , otherwise we would have won the treble , but i am quite happy for whinger to collect the crumbs from our table.

And for our part, we too, the meek and hungry Arsenal, are eternally grateful for the crumbs of your high table.

How do Arse fans feel about Wenger earning £63 million in wages since his last trophy whilst continually moaning about clubs spending obscene amounts of money?

silverback said:
The Community Shield will herald the start of your next nine year blight, Whinger will again concentrate on his Holy Grail..4th place, but if Platini gets his way then you will no longer be in Pot 1 and will have to struggle in the lower pots. How can perennially coming fourth get you in the top pot?
Is that actually happening? What's the plan? The Champions League seeding has been fucked up for a long time, and it's definitely played into the hands of "the 6th best team in Europe" Arsenal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.