Arsenal Thread 2013/14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rascal said:
Some proper dickhead gunners on twitter going on about 200,000 at there parade proves how big a club they are when ours was so poorly attended.

They got 200,000 for there first parade in 9 years on a beautiful warm sunday, we got 100,000 on a monday night when it had pissed down all day and it was our 3rd parade in 4 years

We bought our trophies despite them having the most expensive player and doing it "FAIRLY"

Get fucked you idiotic cunts
Is there any actual official figures for both parades as the nob head arse fan bro in law says it has been published that city had 90k and arse had 250k???

It can be argued that for the size of the club they are, Arsenal should've won more than one FA Cup in the past 9 years. However, I'm not going to belittle them winning it and milking it as much as they have - after all, it's been a while since they last won a trophy so it's bound to taste that little bit sweeter than if they were winning trophies on a regular basis.

Whether this acts as a springboard for them to win more over the coming seasons remains to be seen but I think they've definitely showed signs of improvement this season. Put it this way, I doubt whether they'll have to wait another 9 years before they win their next trophy.

Marvin said:
AwayDay said:
This season looked like it was going horribly wrong, liverpool with one hand on the title and chelsea in semis of CL , and then us 2-0 down after 8 mins in the cup final. Ended brilliantly though. See you in the community shield.
Very pleased for Ramsey and Koscielny, one had a horrible leg break and another a horrible final vs birmingham 3 years ago when his clanger cost us the trophy. both scored and Ramsey is already entering his name into club folklore, super player and we missed him greatly but his absence cant be used as an excuse for not winning the title because if all 20 clubs never got any injuries, City would've won it at a canter.
Time to relax now and enjoy the afterglow of successful seasons, take in the World Cup and then watch the Transfer window unfold.

City are in a very strong position. FFP has made the headlines at City, but I don't think City were due to spend big this Summer. The team has been built, we just need to keep it ticking over.

Chelsea are well placed too as I think they only really have one glaring weakness - up front.

Arsenal should do well too next season. Ramsey is my favourite non-City player. He's really only been at this level for this season, but he really did have a special season. I think he's the best midfielder in the Premiership. He was having a poor FA Cup Final, but then produced that moment of magic. A different goal to Yaya and Nasri's in the League Cup Final, but a moment of genius.

Wenger seems to have been using City's cheque book, and Chelsea's cheque book as an excuse why his teams have not been as competitive as they should have been over the last decade. But I think that's a bit of an excuse. Until now, Arsenal haven't even looked to compete and appear to have been happy to finish 4th even if the fans got frustrated. This should be the time to push on for Arsenal. On paper the top 4 is going to be an even fiercer fight next season, and 1 of the 5 obvious candidates is going to miss out.

Agree with most this but Ramsey is not the best midfielder in the league. He has been amazing for us and won us the cup but Yaya is the best player in the league for me. That makes him the best midfielder too....

lots of rumours going round about Sagna to city and Micah richards and Milner to arsenal. Interesting.

AwayDay said:
Marvin said:
AwayDay said:
This season looked like it was going horribly wrong, liverpool with one hand on the title and chelsea in semis of CL , and then us 2-0 down after 8 mins in the cup final. Ended brilliantly though. See you in the community shield.
Very pleased for Ramsey and Koscielny, one had a horrible leg break and another a horrible final vs birmingham 3 years ago when his clanger cost us the trophy. both scored and Ramsey is already entering his name into club folklore, super player and we missed him greatly but his absence cant be used as an excuse for not winning the title because if all 20 clubs never got any injuries, City would've won it at a canter.
Time to relax now and enjoy the afterglow of successful seasons, take in the World Cup and then watch the Transfer window unfold.

City are in a very strong position. FFP has made the headlines at City, but I don't think City were due to spend big this Summer. The team has been built, we just need to keep it ticking over.

Chelsea are well placed too as I think they only really have one glaring weakness - up front.

Arsenal should do well too next season. Ramsey is my favourite non-City player. He's really only been at this level for this season, but he really did have a special season. I think he's the best midfielder in the Premiership. He was having a poor FA Cup Final, but then produced that moment of magic. A different goal to Yaya and Nasri's in the League Cup Final, but a moment of genius.

Wenger seems to have been using City's cheque book, and Chelsea's cheque book as an excuse why his teams have not been as competitive as they should have been over the last decade. But I think that's a bit of an excuse. Until now, Arsenal haven't even looked to compete and appear to have been happy to finish 4th even if the fans got frustrated. This should be the time to push on for Arsenal. On paper the top 4 is going to be an even fiercer fight next season, and 1 of the 5 obvious candidates is going to miss out.

Agree with most this but Ramsey is not the best midfielder in the league. He has been amazing for us and won us the cup but Yaya is the best player in the league for me. That makes him the best midfielder too....

lots of rumours going round about Sagna to city and Micah richards and Milner to arsenal. Interesting.

You can have Richards and I think if he can stay fit he would be ideal for you but where does Milner fit in in your team? I don't like Podolski out wide it is just a waste of the LW position for me, he doesn't score enough to account for the loss of creativity brought about by playing him there.Keep him in the squad but he isn't a first XI player. Walcott on the RW though is a no brainer because it is his natural position and he knows how to slip inside the space between FB and CB. I would play Milner on the left wing and rotate him with Santi Cazorla. Perhaps even go 4-4-2 at times with each one on a wing and Ramsey in CM/box-to-box and one of Flamini/Arteta/Wilshire as the DM.

AwayDay said:
Marvin said:
AwayDay said:

had Ramsey been fit for most of the season he would have been the best. before he was injured, he was being widely acknowledged as the best player in the Premiership

Marvin said:
AwayDay said:
Marvin said:

had Ramsey been fit for most of the season he would have been the best. before he was injured, he was being widely acknowledged as the best player in the Premiership

I am sorry but Ramsey is only a top player in the attacking third where as Yaya can dominate all over the field. The injury works both ways, you could make the argument that he may have burnt out prior to the end and it actually kept him fresh for the cup final. Ramsey's season is one of form, he hasn't had anywhere near the sort of impact he has had this season in prior seasons. Even with his goal tally this season I wouldn't swap him for any of our current midfield four. On form at one point yes, but on form is a disingenuous argument and he wouldn't be a player I would dream about signing.

Marvin said:
AwayDay said:
Marvin said:

Sorry Marvin but the highlighted is just supposition. Even if he was not injured, he WOULD have had many off games.
See I can do it too.

oldhamblue said:
How do Arse fans feel about Wenger earning £63 million in wages since his last trophy whilst continually moaning about clubs spending obscene amounts of money?

Worth every penny in my opinion. It's remained quite opaque just how strained Arsenal's finances became in the period when we were paying of the Emirates stadium, but I suspect that it was quite a huge blow, and keeping the club in the Champions League with a net-spend close to zero for the better part of a decade is close to miraculous, in my view. Deride the '4th place trophy' if you will, but I think achieving that seasons after season was absolutely essential to put the club in the position its in today: financially stable and prepared to compete at the highest level.

Ronuja said:
oldhamblue said:
How do Arse fans feel about Wenger earning £63 million in wages since his last trophy whilst continually moaning about clubs spending obscene amounts of money?

Worth every penny in my opinion. It's remained quite opaque just how strained Arsenal's finances became in the period when we were paying of the Emirates stadium, but I suspect that it was quite a huge blow, and keeping the club in the Champions League with a net-spend close to zero for the better part of a decade is close to miraculous, in my view. Deride the '4th place trophy' if you will, but I think achieving that seasons after season was absolutely essential to put the club in the position its in today: financially stable and prepared to compete at the highest level.
I agree with the thrust of this post. He's been given a mandate by those who employ him and delivered on that. On that basis he deserves his reward.

Ronuja said:
oldhamblue said:

I would have thought the jobs Jurgen Klopp and Diego Simeone have done would have opened the eyes of Arsenal fans. Wenger is a good manager but his skills in the market seem to have declined and he has been quite naive tactically in some games for years now (especially against United).

Atletico Madrid make more from sales than they spend on players nearly every year and just won La Liga, with a Champions League final coming up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.