Arsenal Thread 2013/14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Marvin said:
if the Ox gets a suspension, would it be for 1 game or 2? They play Swansea at home on Tuesday

Is it considered the same as what Vinnie did? Professional foul, if so i guess just the one game.

willipp said:
Marvin said:
if the Ox gets a suspension, would it be for 1 game or 2? They play Swansea at home on Tuesday

Is it considered the same as what Vinnie did? Professional foul, if so i guess just the one game.
It would be a one game ban, but Chamberlain can now argue that he did not stop a goalscoring opportunity, because the ball was going wide. Depends on what the rules are.

I am still shocked that Wenger sets out his teams so open in the big games. They don';t have the quality like they used to, which meant they could blow teams away. The likes of Carzola are a liability defensively. For the big games he really needs to play Flamini and Arteta, with wide men that will track back. It's embarrassing how they have conceded 6 and 5 to the other top four teams.

supercrystal7 said:
willipp said:
Marvin said:

It would be a one game ban, but Chamberlain can now argue that he did not stop a goalscoring opportunity, because the ball was going wide. Depends on what the rules are.

I am still shocked that Wenger sets out his teams so open in the big games. They don';t have the quality like they used to, which meant they could blow teams away. The likes of Carzola are a liability defensively. For the big games he really needs to play Flamini and Arteta, with wide men that will track back. It's embarrassing how they have conceded 6 and 5 to the other top four teams.

I really hope that's not the case. It should be about the intent; there's no way he can argue he only handled it because he knew it was going wide.

supercrystal7 said:
willipp said:
Marvin said:

For me Arteta is gone and has been for a couple of seasons. They have nothing in midfield when games arent going their way, they dont really have it in them to grind results out against a decent side. They are suffering with injuries i know, but not sure why Flamini was on the bench.

willipp said:
supercrystal7 said:
willipp said:

For me Arteta is gone and has been for a couple of seasons. They have nothing in midfield when games arent going their way, they dont really have it in them to grind results out against a decent side. They are suffering with injuries i know, but not sure why Flamini was on the bench.

no argument about how poor we were, but to say we have nothing in midfield is a bit over the top.

today we were missing ozil wilshere walcott and ramsey, the latter who was the best player in the league till he got injured. they are 4 first team players, and make a huge difference to the team. 2 of those players are the best players in our team, and walcott gives us something that can trouble any team.

our problem is always injuries, they seem to rob us of our best players more constantly then any other team, thats our fault obviously and something needs to be looked at.

its not a coincidence that the quality of our football and form has gone out the windows since the injuries started kicking in, first ramsey then walcott then wilshere then ozil.

i know we lost 6-3 against city with ramsey and ozil, but come on that can happen to any team at the etihad and we still scored 3 goals ourselves.

Miserable gang of fornicating Islington lounge lizards. They should have given Wenger a better performance than he got on his 10,000 prem game or whatever the fuck it was.

prestonibbo_mcfc said:
Foolinthetoon said:
stony said:
Yep!

Oh aye, I agree. Fuck 'em. Just think it's bad form that a ref can't send off the correct person and
the culminations. We will have Mariner some time I'm sure. What can he do to cock up our
title challenge ? Ain't good enough. imo.

whats worse is ox is in the refs face saying it was him, why on earth would the ref not listen to that?

also, i think it could have effected the result. ox was having a shocker in midfield. plenty of in the knows will say i told you so and should never have started ox in midfield etc etc but seriously the guy has done well in midfield, he was the best player against spurs, best player against munich, one of best players against everton. thats our last 3 games.

no one can say without hindsight that it was a bad decision to start him in midfield.

but anyway back to the point, he was having a shocker, and if he had got sent off at 3-0, wenger would have been forced to bring on someone like flamini in his place and that would have shored up our midfield which up to that point was getting opened up too easily.

at 3-0 the game might have been lost anyway but at least it isn't a humiliation.

afc16 said:
willipp said:
supercrystal7 said:

no argument about how poor we were, but to say we have nothing in midfield is a bit over the top.

today we were missing ozil wilshere walcott and ramsey, the latter who was the best player in the league till he got injured. they are 4 first team players, and make a huge difference to the team.

Not even close.

Chancy Termites said:
supercrystal7 said:
willipp said:

I really hope that's not the case. It should be about the intent; there's no way he can argue he only handled it because he knew it was going wide.
The rule on rescinding a red card as I understand it is that it won't be rescinded if the panel feel it would have been at least a yellow. As it would have definitely been a yellow then it shouldn't be rescinded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.