Arsenal Thread 2013/14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mad Eyed Screamer said:
Robinho's Subbuteo said:
So, it looks like the red card will be reminded for Gibbs but does that mean that the FA will then retrospectively award Chamberlain with a Red or basically will Arsenal have got away with a blatant hand ball and suffer no penalty whatsoever?
Well they didn't exactly get away with it, the spot kick was converted and the team got leathered. And to think if O-C had left the ball it would have gone wide!
Quick question on that issue. Was it actually a red card offence? To the best of my knowledge, deliberate handball isn't a red card in itself. It's only if it denies a clear goalscoring opportunity, isn't it? And the ball was going wide! Don't think it was a second yellow card either.

jimharri said:
Mad Eyed Screamer said:
Robinho's Subbuteo said:
So, it looks like the red card will be reminded for Gibbs but does that mean that the FA will then retrospectively award Chamberlain with a Red or basically will Arsenal have got away with a blatant hand ball and suffer no penalty whatsoever?
Well they didn't exactly get away with it, the spot kick was converted and the team got leathered. And to think if O-C had left the ball it would have gone wide!
Quick question on that issue. Was it actually a red card offence? To the best of my knowledge, deliberate handball isn't a red card in itself. It's only if it denies a clear goalscoring opportunity, isn't it? And the ball was going wide! Don't think it was a second yellow card either.

On Radio Five live they confirmed the FIFA ruling is if it's only a goalscoring chance that it's a red card so should have only been a yellow

MikeF said:
jimharri said:
Mad Eyed Screamer said:

On Radio Five live they confirmed the FIFA ruling is if it's only a goalscoring chance that it's a red card so should have only been a yellow

But he got sent off, so ox must have the same punishment. Can't deem it a lesser offence now.

hedkandi said:
MikeF said:
jimharri said:

But he got sent off, so ox must have the same punishment. Can't deem it a lesser offence now.

Maybes but I'm merely saying what I heard on the radio!

And yes, they also said the red card is transferable and as Marriner realised at h-t that he'd sent the wrong man off that this will be the case here and Oxlade-Chamberlain receive the ban, rightly or wrongly

MikeF said:
hedkandi said:
MikeF said:

Maybes but I'm merely saying what I heard on the radio!

And yes, they also said the red card is transferable and as Marriner realised at h-t that he'd sent the wrong man off that this will be the case here and Oxlade-Chamberlain receive the ban, rightly or wrongly

Not having a go mate

Bitter gooner on 606 now telling us that fans of City and Chelsea have no idea about football in the real world and that we are just billionaires' toys!!!!!!
Not only is their team unravelling rapidly but their fans' grip on reality it getting looser by the minute!!!<br /><br />-- Sat Mar 22, 2014 7:15 pm --<br /><br />Bitter gooner on 606 now telling us that fans of City and Chelsea have no idea about football in the real world and that we are just billionaires' toys!!!!!!
Not only is their team unravelling rapidly but their fans' grip on reality it getting looser by the minute!!!

hedkandi said:
MikeF said:
jimharri said:

You misunderstand me; I wasn't questioning that aspect. Once the red card was given to the original (wrong) recipient, then the same punishment has to be given to the rightful transgressor. I just don't think it was a red card offence in the first place. The award of the penalty was the correct sanction in this case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.