Arsenal Thread 2015/16

Hasnt been posted for a while, always raises a smile though

e7mbu9.gif

In my experience, that's a perception uniquely, it seems, shared by some City fans on here but it's actually without foundation in fact.

It's just not true of Arsenal fans as a whole.....really, it isn't.

It seems to me that there is an interesting mind set here insofar as some City fans are concerned. It's like you've won the lottery and hardly believing your luck, you find yourself rubbing shoulders with the 'upper crust' of English football, winning big trophies but conscious still of your recent (shall we say) relatively unsuccessful past, feeling like nouveaus who've managed to get to the top table but don't know how to hold your knife and fork properly and constantly see everywhere sleights where non are intended.

I'd say forget all that bollox. You are a fine club much admired for the faith of your fans in the hard times and now justly rewarded for it, most of us Arsenal fans applaud that and at least like Wenger you play bloody good football.

And, lastly, you should not forget that for the vast majority of Arsenal fans, after Tottenham, Man Yoo is hated most. We just love it when you fuck them over....really we do. Because we suffered under those cheating bastards and from referees bullied by Ferguson for years. You might enjoy the current plight of United but believe me we enjoy it more. A long time coming.

As to the league, it's 50:50 as far as I can see. So good luck and to the victor, the spoils.

Its a shame the relationship seems to have gone backwards with both sets of our fans.I remember being at MR when the only tackle we made against your team that night was when a bloke and his girlfriend ran naked from the Kippax and took the ball off a bemused Viera.We cheered you off the pitch that night after you thrashed us.

I think nowadays your fans think we have just got money and thats not right,it should be earned.I would remind Arsenal fans about buying most of Huddersfields team and management in the 1920s.Like any team that is big today,you had to have money injected at some point,without exception.

Anyway,good to hear you hate those red twats,hard to believe that of all Arsenal fans after you thought you had won the league for them in 2012 but will take your word for it.

I didnt think you Tarquins went for such working class fodder, I thought that it was the West Ham fans that ate the slimy stuff and your lot were all organic foods that you get from Waitrose or Marks and Spencers deli counter.

Oysters were working class fodder as you call it in London back in the 19th century. People now regard them as delicacies. I'm from London so it's no surprise I like jellied eels. It's a local peculiar. To my mind they are are subtle and edifying delicacy. Not just restricted to those of the Blue and Claret persuasion from the Boleyn, but enjoyed by all sorts.

Jellied eels are more expensive now than ever and a small pot of them can often be more expensive than 3 oysters.

You should try them when next in London. They do sell them at Waitrose sometimes. I think you'll like them. One word of warning....it's impossible to eat jellied eels in an elegant fashion, but the effort is well worth it.

Its a shame the relationship seems to have gone backwards with both sets of our fans.I remember being at MR when the only tackle we made against your team that night was when a bloke and his girlfriend ran naked from the Kippax and took the ball off a bemused Viera.We cheered you off the pitch that night after you thrashed us.

I think nowadays your fans think we have just got money and thats not right,it should be earned.I would remind Arsenal fans about buying most of Huddersfields team and management in the 1920s.Like any team that is big today,you had to have money injected at some point,without exception.

Anyway,good to hear you hate those red twats,hard to believe that of all Arsenal fans after you thought you had won the league for them in 2012 but will take your word for it.

I am a season ticket holder and often go to away games. It was wonderful back in March being one of 9,000 Arsenal fans at Old Trafford for the FA Cup and enjoyed seeing us beat them 2-1 with the winner scored by Welbeck. My favourite match of last season by far, if only to see the dumb expessionless faces of United fans unused to defeat and unable to comprehend it.

Oysters were working class fodder as you call it in London back in the 19th century. People now regard them as delicacies. I'm from London so it's no surprise I like jellied eels. It's a local peculiar. To my mind they are are subtle and edifying delicacy. Not just restricted to those of the Blue and Claret persuasion from the Boleyn, but enjoyed by all sorts.

Jellied eels are more expensive now than ever and a small pot of them can often be more expensive than 3 oysters.

You should try them when next in London. They do sell them at Waitrose sometimes. I think you'll like them. One word of warning....it's impossible to eat jellied eels in an elegant fashion, but the effort is well worth it.

I dont eat oysters either, slimy food doesnt really do it for me, and fishy slimy food is even more of a no no. Cockles, muscles, jellied eels, whelks, oysters etc are all on my banned list.

As for the bad feeling between the clubs, I dont think this was helped by us signing a lot of your players over the last 7 years, but I can speak for most City fans when you pale into insignificance when compared to the scum and most of us were willing you to beat them to the title in the 90's and 00's, so the bad feeling on our part stems from your lot making comments (and banners) about not being able to buy class, like you are somehow superior.

Good of you to say so. All clubs unfortunately have their fair share of dicks for fans. There is nothing intrinsic in City or any other club for that matter likely to suggest a moral superiority over other clubs. It's just the generalisations which I find jarring especially when the prejudices aired are just that unbacked by anything of worth.

I resent the sentiment that my post was based on nothing and had no worth. I've seen Arsenal play us off the park at Maine rd, and get roundly applauded off the pitch.
Yet when we do it to you.

fanscity.gif

I realise that the above gif is when Ade scored and ran the full length of the pitch to celebrate in front of your fans, but it typifies the reaction to "upstart City" and is common amongst gooners.
I'd suggest it's not City fans that need reminding they are at the top table. It's those who have had their nose pushed out and somehow think they are morally superior.

I resent the sentiment that my post was based on nothing and had no worth. I've seen Arsenal play us off the park at Maine rd, and get roundly applauded off the pitch.
Yet when we do it to you.

fanscity.gif

I realise that the above gif is when Ade scored and ran the full length of the pitch to celebrate in front of your fans, but it typifies the reaction to "upstart City" and is common amongst gooners.
I'd suggest it's not City fans that need reminding they are at the top table. It's those who have had their nose pushed out and somehow think they are morally superior.

I was at that game but lurking in the other end thanks to a City mate who got me a ticket. That is wholly unrepresentative and was solely an Adebayor thing, who lets not forget had a bad stamp on Van Persie in that match. Nothing to do with City and everything to do with Adebayor. He's turned out well hasn't he?

I dont eat oysters either, slimy food doesnt really do it for me, and fishy slimy food is even more of a no no. Cockles, muscles, jellied eels, whelks, oysters etc are all on my banned list.

As for the bad feeling between the clubs, I dont think this was helped by us signing a lot of your players over the last 7 years, but I can speak for most City fans when you pale into insignificance when compared to the scum and most of us were willing you to beat them to the title in the 90's and 00's, so the bad feeling on our part stems from your lot making comments (and banners) about not being able to buy class, like you are somehow superior.

The only signing that really caused umbrage was Nasri's mainly because of the way he handled it and partly I suppose a bit of envy we couldn't afford the wages you paid him.

As for all the others, no real problem and we were happy to see the back of Cliche, Toure and Adebayor.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.