Arsenal Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mahrez must play in the league game against the Arse.

He has to stay on that right touchline to keep Zinchenko occupied in the LB position - that will prevent him from moving inside and joining in with their midfield.

Still a long way to go but they’re looking strong

But there is going to be times they drop points, maybe against us and then we’ll see if they hold their nerve. They’re full of confidence right now.

Mahrez must play in the league game against the Arse.

He has to stay on that right touchline to keep Zinchenko occupied in the LB position - that will prevent him from moving inside and joining in with their midfield.

Weird that when Zin played for us teams continually hoof it towards him not seen any team do it!

Hopefully the come back against spurs and yesterdays result is a start of our 12+ game winning run! What bothers me now is looking at our last 6 games very tough

We just have to keep plugging away so that when Arsenal come to visit it's all to play for (if we're not into the sunset by then of course)!

We play Arsenal (H), Fulham (A), Leeds (H), Everton (A), Chelsea (H), Brentford (A).

But Arsenal have us (A), Chelsea (H), Newcastle (A), Brighton (H), Forest (A), Wolves (H).

If we are within a few points of them and if we beat them at home, I'd fancy us to get more points from our last 5 than they do. Lose to us then face Chelsea at home and Newcastle away before Brighton visit. Even Forest away could be a test.

We'll see. Everton away could be tricky if they're still in the relegation fight for us of course. But I'd rather our fixtures then theirs.

Weird that when Zin played for us teams continually hoof it towards him not seen any team do it!

They've not been figured out yet. They play a similar style to us. Odegaard and Xhaka push up in the attacking right and left spot. Partey then plays a Rodri role, looking to switch the ball out to the wingers as soon as possible. Saka/Martinelli face up their man and look to play the attacking 1-2 with Odegaard and Xhaka and they're supported by the full back. Zinchenko tucks in and looks to play between the lines, where White tends to stay wider.

As you say, there's an opportunity to look to exploit that space behind Martinelli. When we play them, I'd be looking to get De Bruyne looking to exploit that space with Haaland's movement in behind. I can't see Arteta changing style, or looking for anything other than a win. He is similar to Pep in that he'll sacrifice something defensively to try and win a game, rather than settle for a point.

It's noticeable how often Martinelli and Saka face up their full back and attack them. Especially when we've seen our wide players face their own goal and pass backwards so much. Grealish and Mahrez have been a lot more positive recently, and we've created a lot more as a result.

I really believe Arsenal will collapse because Arteta is too emotional
Eventually it'll feed its way through to the players
Wishful thinking. Someone posted that Arteta‘s touchline antics were off putting. Pots and Kettles—have you watched Pep? You could argue that Arteta’s passion will inspire them.

They look good. Two brilliant wingers and a good striker with Gabby to come back. Odegard and Partey in midfield. Decent back 4 and shot stopper. They are adding to the bench. I like the football they are playing (I wonder who they are emulating? )

they look quicker in transition than we do just now and are scoring bloody good goals. I thought Zinc was there most effective player yesterday, I wouldn’t be surprised if his pass completion was close to 100%. He stitches them together and is almost a deep lying quarterback with regular attacking moves too. I perceive he is treated differently at Arsenal than he was with us. There he is someone with PL medals and is looked up to. With us although very popular I always got the impression he was treated as a ’junior’ member of the squad.

It looks just now like they will go all the way having gained three point on us in fixtures with Spuds and United. We cannot afford to drop a single point and must win against them at their place on 15th Feb. Somehow we have to put pressure on them and see how they cope. At the end of the day they deserve to be where they are playing attractive fast attacking football. We need to step up and improve to beat them.
I think you lot circa 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.