Arsenal Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
We enabled a struggling competitor who was having difficulty getting into top four to turn into a challenger for title. The mentality of the whole team changed with Jesus and you could see it on the field from the start of the season.
Once they started winning with that attitude it spread through the team - that was a big mistake of letting a talented competitor like Jesus join Arsenal.
Yes, the problem was not the selling of Jesus and Zin, the problem was selling both of them to Arsenal. One of them should have been sold elsewhere, even if it meant slightly less dough.

Yes, the problem was not the selling of Jesus and Zin, the problem was selling both of them to Arsenal. One of them should have been sold elsewhere, even if it meant slightly less dough.
Arsenal were the only team interested in both.
We replaced the 5 goals Jesus has scored in the league with a 25 goals in the league striker.
Arsenal have replaced him with ease as well.

Arsenal were the only team interested in both.
We replaced the 5 goals Jesus has scored in the league with a 25 goals in the league striker.
Arsenal have replaced him with ease as well.
Sorry but I can’t agree with that first sentence. You’re honestly saying there were no other clubs in Europe interested in buying those two? They need new agents if that’s the case, and I just don’t believe that no one else wanted them.
I’m fairly sure I also recall reading of specific interest in Zin from West Ham for one example.

The point about replacing 5 goals with 25,absolutely - that wasn’t what I was saying - I was saying by all means sell them both, but not to the same club, one of Arsenal’s potential, and one where Pep’s apprentice/sponge is already in place.

We enabled a struggling competitor who was having difficulty getting into top four to turn into a challenger for title. The mentality of the whole team changed with Jesus and you could see it on the field from the start of the season.
Once they started winning with that attitude it spread through the team - that was a big mistake of letting a talented competitor like Jesus join Arsenal.

Hindsight is great but can you honestly say you were saying this at the start of the season?

I can’t recall hearing a single person saying they thought Arsenal were likely to be title challengers before the season started.

The consensus amongst City fans seemed to be almost unanimous in that it was a shame to see them go but swapping two fringe players for Haaland and Alverez and making a profit was fantastic business.

You only had to watch ZINCENKO today to see the winning mentality that comes with him being a prem champion. They signed two champions with him and JESUS and its rubbing off on the whole squad. Let's not worry to much about them it's only halfway through the season. Put a marker down and knock them out of the fa cup Friday. CTID

There were people on here who logged in regularly to say that they didn't rate either of them. Which I used to find staggering.
Incidentally, Jesus isn't even playing for them, hasn't been for a while, and won't be for a while. They've replaced him seamlessly. No, it's the belief in the whole team that's carrying them, not one or even two players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.