Arsenal Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Too early to be talking about the title with 19 games to go and much will happen. I’m pleased with our current form. Our last 4 league games were against 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th in the table and we got 3 wins and a draw, so hoping we can keep that up.

Too early to be talking about the title with 19 games to go and much will happen. I’m pleased with our current form. Our last 4 league games were against 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th in the table and we got 3 wins and a draw, so hoping we can keep that up.
If you maintain your form from the first half of the season (getting 100 points) you will have achieved more than your invincibles team and will be worthy title winners. For me it is much more impressive to attack and try to win every match instead of grinding out draws to remain unbeaten. It would be an amazing achievement for Arteta with such a young team.

If you maintain your form from the first half of the season (getting 100 points) you will have achieved more than your invincibles team and will be worthy title winners. For me it is much more impressive to attack and try to win every match instead of grinding out draws to remain unbeaten. It would be an amazing achievement for Arteta with such a young team.

As much as I’d like to see that happen, I really don’t think we’ll get close to 100 points

As much as I’d like to see that happen, I really don’t think we’ll get close to 100 points
I think 90 will be enough this season and you will probably get there. When you have such momentum it takes a lot to de-rail a team. City have stuttered too much during this stop-start season.

Maybe so but all teams go through a blip at some stage during a season. We haven’t had one yet.

**Drops to my knees and prays**

Strange this because a rag colleague said today he is waiting for your blip, and that the Prem is ours ;-)

I'm not so sure, but for about 5 seconds today I quite liked the rag colleague ;-)

That Arsenal fan earlier in the thread had to be on the wind-up, with his "gross spend is more important" talk. In fact, a lot of his arguments were a bit "fishy", you could say. Arsenal's gross spend is fast approaching £1bn since Pep arrived anyway(€941.26m or £826.83m) and of course net spend matters a little bit more than gross spend("this means more" as Liverpool and Klopp like to say).

Although, it's pretty obvious why it was temporarily the most important thing in world football for certain people, just as City fans said all along. If they can use it to bash a club they don't like and big theirs up, they will. The minute they can't, is when it's stops being that important. It was just a stick to beat City and then Pep with. More and more Liverpool fans have realised that the net spend trophy isn't all that and are asking why a club with revenues just as high as City's can't use them for transfers, like most other clubs do.

Last edited:
That Arsenal fan earlier in the thread had to be on the wind-up, with his "gross spend is more important" talk. In fact, a lot of his arguments were a bit "fishy", you could say. Arsenal's gross spend is fast approaching £1bn since Pep arrived anyway(€941.26m or £826.83m) and of course net spend matters a little bit more than gross spend("this means more" as Liverpool and Klopp like to say).

Although, it's pretty obvious why it was temporarily the most important thing in world football for certain people, just as City fans said all along. If they can use it to bash a club they don't like and big theirs up, they will. The minute they can't, is when it's stops being that important. It was just a stick to beat City and then Pep with. More and more Liverpool fans have realised that the net spend trophy isn't all that and are asking why a club with revenues just as high as City's can't use them for transfers, like most other clubs do.

Of course gross spend is a better measure. Coutinho was at Liverpool before Klopp and then Liverpool got lucky selling Coutinho for that ridiculous sum. Klopp then went out and bought Allison and VVD for 80m each. Liverpool fans like to downplay the significance of these purchases due to the fact it was the Coutinho money that paid for them. But it still doesn't ignore the fact Klopp got to spend 80m on two players who transformed his backline, which is a luxury very few mangers have enjoyed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.