Arsenal Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. Leicester are not shite…Man U are…compare and come back to me
2. I think Jesus and Zinchenko are likely more happy at getting game time.
3. You’ll likely win the league again, why does it seem to pain you so much that 2 ex City players have started the season so well?
4. I’m allowed to be positive after a good start…we can’t match you yet but we might make top 4…who knows? Yes, let’s re-engage after our match away to Man U
5. Don’t be bitter
You have two very good players there. I do think Zinchenko’s race was ran at City. But a very talented and more importantly a wholehearted player with an amazing appetite to learn and improve.

Jesus was our best player in some of our biggest victories.

1. Leicester are not shite…Man U are…compare and come back to me
2. I think Jesus and Zinchenko are likely more happy at getting game time.
3. You’ll likely win the league again, why does it seem to pain you so much that 2 ex City players have started the season so well?
4. I’m allowed to be positive after a good start…we can’t match you yet but we might make top 4…who knows? Yes, let’s re-engage after our match away to Man U
5. Don’t be bitter

You lot have had a great pre season and start and have every reason to be optimistic.

Gabby is one hell of a player, enjoy him.

Whats happened to all this Talk of Jesus not wanting to play as a striker and preferring to be a winger was that just at City becuase of the expectation.

Whats happened to all this Talk of Jesus not wanting to play as a striker and preferring to be a winger was that just at City becuase of the expectation.
Probably.

At city you have to be metronomic…not mercurial……if he was a 9 we would expect him to bang them in week in week out and we saw that he wasn’t capable of that…although still contributed a lot to overall gameplay.

I get the impression Jesus is totally a team player that sacrifices himself for the team and takes the role he thinks his manager wants him to play. When he came to Arsenal he said:

"But I don't want to be the new Thierry Henry. I want to make myself a name in this club's history. I will be there: 90 minutes per game in the box, trying to score, trying to help.

"Not only with goals, also with assists. Covering the ball. Running, in my style. Never stop. Helping my team, helping my team-mates. Yeah, that's me."

So I think with that type of personality he's willing to take whatever role the coach sees him at best. So I presume Pep preferred him as a winger. At Arsenal he has been a false 9 with a free role to roam wherever he wants. So he runs the channels or takes the ball from deep to link up. As he is Arsenal's best player he's really thriving in the role of having the majority of our play running through him.

I get the impression Jesus is totally a team player that sacrifices himself for the team and takes the role he thinks his manager wants him to play. When he came to Arsenal he said:

"But I don't want to be the new Thierry Henry. I want to make myself a name in this club's history. I will be there: 90 minutes per game in the box, trying to score, trying to help.

"Not only with goals, also with assists. Covering the ball. Running, in my style. Never stop. Helping my team, helping my team-mates. Yeah, that's me."

So I think with that type of personality he's willing to take whatever role the coach sees him at best. So I presume Pep preferred him as a winger. At Arsenal he has been a false 9 with a free role to roam wherever he wants. So he runs the channels or takes the ball from deep to link up. As he is Arsenal's best player he's really thriving in the role of having the majority of our play running through him.

I agree with that and I think he’s settled in quickly because he‘s a number of Brazilian teammates with him as well as the support of Edu

I agree with that and I think he’s settled in quickly because he‘s a number of Brazilian teammates with him as well as the support of Edu
Seems a very good fit for Arsenal, looks the Maine man already. If him and Zinc help keep one of Liverpool Spurs Chelsea United (joke) out of the CL spots it’s good for everyone. If Arsenal pip us, then we made a massive mistake.

Seems a very good fit for Arsenal, looks the Maine man already. If him and Zinc help keep one of Liverpool Spurs Chelsea United (joke) out of the CL spots it’s good for everyone. If Arsenal pip us, then we made a massive mistake.

As much as I’d like to think we’re title contenders, the reality is we’re still behind City and Liverpool - as for United, you’re right, i think they’ll struggle for top 8 let alone top 4. I think we are in a race with Spurs and Chelsea for top 4. Early days and I hope we’re there or thereabouts come April.

My Arsenal supporting mate (Highbury born) wasn't impressed with getting Gabby on signing. He is singing a very different tune following his start. I wish him and Jesus well, except against us, natch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.