Arsenal Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shirts sponsored by Visit Rwanda. Country with one of the murderous civil wars in history and the place of choice that our government wanted to send desperate refugees fleeing from their war torn countries.

Fuck em.let’s smash em for 4 next Wednesday and watch them desert their team after 60 minutes.

Arsenal are a nothing outfit, they think they are something special and go on about tradition, the only tradition they have like their near neighbours is achieving the square root of fu@k all.

Last edited:
Ah, Arsenal, the club that somehow cheated its way into the top division despite not being in the qualifying places. The club bought by the former owner of Glossop North End, Hill-Wood, when he found Glossop could only be taken so far. The club that imported Huddersfield's very successful manager, Herbert Chapman (and some players) no doubt all free of cost and the honour of playing for Arsenal. The club that won its first-ever trophy as far back in the mists of time as 1930.

All very organic and no money involved at all. I dare say Herbert Chapman was lured by a promise of pie and mash on a regular basis and jellied eels twice a week.

Back from the game. Disappointing because 3 points would have been huge. You’ve got to give Brentford credit. They are an ugly side to play against. But they are a very good team, in fact like most PL teams. Wins don’t come easy. Ask Spurs. Anyway, it’s a big game Wednesday and it could have an impact on the title outcome (btw I fully expect you guys to beat Villa tomorrow). So, I’ll wait to see what happens. Should we win, I’ll take a break from here for a week (not that I’m expecting that…we’ve been flat the last few games, you’ll probably win) however, should we draw or likely lose, I’ll still post after the game. I hope you don‘t see me for a week!

Ah, Arsenal, the club that somehow cheated its way into the top division despite not being in the qualifying places. The club bought by the former owner of Glossop North End, Hill-Wood, when he found Glossop could only be taken so far. The club that imported Huddersfield's very successful manager, Herbert Chapman (and some players) no doubt all free of cost and the honour of playing for Arsenal. The club that won its first-ever trophy as far back in the mists of time as 1930.

All very organic and no money involved at all. I dare say Herbert Chapman was lured by a promise of pie and mash on a regular basis and jellied eels twice a week.
Saved me a job posting a similar list.. especially the bit about how they cheated their way into Division 1 at the expense of Spurs. More time for me to savour my IPAs as I wait to watch MOTD.

I salute you, sirrah!

Back from the game. Disappointing because 3 points would have been huge. You’ve got to give Brentford credit. They are an ugly side to play against. But they are a very good team, in fact like most PL teams. Wins don’t come easy. Ask Spurs. Anyway, it’s a big game Wednesday and it could have an impact on the title outcome (btw I fully expect you guys to beat Villa tomorrow). So, I’ll wait to see what happens. Should we win, I’ll take a break from here for a week (not that I’m expecting that…we’ve been flat the last few games, you’ll probably win) however, should we draw or likely lose, I’ll still post after the game. I hope you don‘t see me for a week!
Any thoughts on the banner today?

Do you think this obsession with Arsenal‘s (admittedly questionable) past is now relevant? More recently Chelsea (before FFP) bought glory. Why not attack them?

Do you think this obsession with Arsenal‘s (admittedly questionable) past is now relevant? More recently Chelsea (before FFP) bought glory. Why not attack them?
People who live in glass houses ought not to throw stones.

I am fucking sick of people pretending that their precious club is pure and unsullied, when most, if not all clubs, have skeletons in the closet. I call it hypocrisy.

BTW, I think some of those skeletons are going to come tumbling out before long. There's a very good reason why five out of the top six clubs oppose an Independent Regulator. Some of those skeletons are things that have happened in recent years, or the sanctimonious hypocrites would have nothing to fear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.