Arsenal Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any thoughts on the banner today?

i saw it but I couldn’t quite see what it said (it was crumpled) though it was guessable.

To be honest, it didn’t have any real sway in the stadium. We were interested in the game and people really don’t like virtue signalling slogans. God knows where it came from. I doubt, given how amateurish it was, if the club would have been involved.

Anyway, I found it embarrassing, not that it’s any consolation.

i saw it but I couldn’t quite see what it said (it was crumpled) though it was guessable.

To be honest, it didn’t have any real sway in the stadium. We were interested in the game and people really don’t like virtue signalling slogans. God knows where it came from. I doubt, given how amateurish it was, if the club would have been involved.

Anyway, I found it embarrassing, not that it’s any consolation.
Might not be any consolation but it tells me something about yourself.

People who live in glass houses ought not to throw stones.

I am fucking sick of people pretending that their precious club is pure and unsullied, when most, if not all clubs, have skeletons in the closet. I call it hypocrisy.

BTW, I think some of those skeletons are going to come tumbling out before long. There's a very good reason why five out of the top six clubs oppose an Independent Regulator. Some of those skeletons are things that have happened in recent years, or the sanctimonious hypocrites would have nothing to fear.

I can’t speak for anyone else but yes, I’m actually in favour of an independent regulator because I think the FA PL is incompetent at self regulation. And for the very last time, I do not support FFP. PLEASE, hear me!

People who live in glass houses ought not to throw stones.

I am fucking sick of people pretending that their precious club is pure and unsullied, when most, if not all clubs, have skeletons in the closet. I call it hypocrisy.

BTW, I think some of those skeletons are going to come tumbling out before long. There's a very good reason why five out of the top six clubs oppose an Independent Regulator. Some of those skeletons are things that have happened in recent years, or the sanctimonious hypocrites would have nothing to fear.
leicester city and the PHDs springs to mind

Saved me a job posting a similar list.. especially the bit about how they cheated their way into Division 1 at the expense of Spurs. More time for me to savour my IPAs as I wait to watch MOTD.

I salute you, sirrah!

To be honest, as a Gooner, the idea we could cheat an advantage at Spurs expense, doesn’t bother me at all. Fuck’em…

I can’t speak for anyone else but yes, I’m actually in favour of an independent regulator because I think the FA PL is incompetent at self regulation. And for the very last time, I do not support FFP. PLEASE, hear me!
I am happy to accept that you are not a sanctimonious hypocrite. It may even be that you are a very decent chap.

However, you do not represent the 'football establishment.' Which is incredibly corrupt and mind-numbingly hypocritical. I could descant on this for hours, but what's the point? There is a substantial body of opinion out there who have been convinced by the media that City is worse than a thousand Hitlers, while the other leading clubs are virtuous maidens who have never done so much as kissed a sailor. It's bollocks to the power of infinity. Can you not see why we City fans are getting pissed off by it?

Each time they don’t win Arteta mentions the officials. It’s becoming tiresome.

They have benefited more times than decisions against.

No doubt they will moan it’s a Greater Manchester man in the middle on Wednesday.

Sponsored by an oil airline for both stadium and shirts.

City also won their first trophy around 30 years before Arsenal. City’s biggest attendance is bigger than Arsenals. City won a European trophy before Arsenal.
This says it all. Spot on.

Reactions: Bez
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.