Arsenal Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was at the match last night.
Their fans and 'matchday experience' are both really cringe.
The camera was going round the fans and they shout into in and wave their arms about. Very strange bunch.
They did have a sign language person stood next to the presenter doing sign into a camera, which I thought was very good for those that need it.
Their music guy is a massive pro wrestling fan so I can't hate it too much.

Funny how some of their fans are so adamant that everyone is against them, the media, officials, oppisition fans etc. If Arsenal are hated, then what are we?

Something needs to happen about their orchestrated timeouts during games. The entire XI plus Arteta should be booked simultaneously for it because every one of them is part of it.

They name a player as a doubt pre-game, then he goes down after 15 or 20 minutes, rolling around, taking off his boot, then the whole team runs over to the sideline and has a timeout after Arteta has weighed up what the opposition are doing to adapt his tactics.

And Ederson gets booked for time-wasting? Fuck off!

Arteta is a right twat. Can’t stand him.

View attachment 69351

He fucking shrank at that moment^. Kev made him look a four foot tall little boy getting told off.
He's becoming very dislikeable, Arteta. He's ungracious in defeat, which to be fair, he's not that only manager with that trait, but he doesn't give credit where it is due.

I recall an interview connected with the recent FA Cup tie when it was pointed out to him that City had won all of the recent meetings. His response was that in the last two games Arsenal had a player sent off, as if that was the sole reason they lost.

Well, they weren't sent off on the first minute Mikel. And you didn't have players sent off in the other nine games.

His actions during games is very suspect too. Sly little things like kicking the ball away, interfering with opposition players, generally causing disturbances. He's a snide. He's worked closely with Pep, yet he models his actions on Mourinho.

Funny how some of their fans are so adamant that everyone is against them, the media, officials, oppisition fans etc. If Arsenal are hated, then what are we?
We are beyond the pail, oil fuelled cheats. I love it.

Tough team playing proper football against us instead of parking the bus. They’re always dangerous which makes for a real nervy game.
Yep, we were definitely out of the comfort zone for long spells - until we got the third goal really.
Arteta has done a great job there - lifted them out of the post Wenger doldrums, got rid of a couple of toxic dressing room characters and built a decent young team. Lots to admire really, but they are just not quite there yet and despite arteta learning a vast amount from pep he'll always be a copy, not the real thing. He's a great man manager I think, and at city his arm round the shoulder approach rescued players from peps intensity at times. I'm just not sure that he can do intensity himself without becoming a mard arse though, and that rubs off on his team.

TBF arsenal have been traditionally targeted by refs and other teams....

But I agree we seem to be irrelevant to a lot of Southern/histreee club fans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.