Arsenal Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well played guys. Thought we shaded it first half, and you tweaked things and you were the better team 2nd half and we'll deserved winners.

Bit disappointed in ourselves, too many loose passes, too many rash decisions. I can understand that if nerves at the start of a game, but not coming after half time when we had already done ok.

Our problem to me is that we lack composure at certain points. That's something the players, and the manager, need to learn from.

As for the couple of arseholes throwing bottles...deary me, get them found and banned.
Pretty much agree with that assessment. I said to a few mates on our WhatsApp group at half-time that I felt we needed to do more going forward as you were looking like more of an attacking threat at that point. Due to the stop-start nature of the first 15 minutes or so of the 2nd half, it was impossible to call and we only really started to get on top in the last quarter of the game.

I think the lack of composure is only to be expected when you play high-risk football like both our teams do, and I think it's fair to say that Arsenal are still a work in progress - albeit a very good one - and those issues will reduce over time. You're clearly building a squad to challenge at the top end of the league for many years and whatever happens this season, you're not going away anytime soon.

I must say that I'm amazed that we're in the position we are. A few weeks ago I could see Arsenal running away with it but those 8 dropped points in the last 3 games have given us a way back in at a time when our own form isn't actually anything to write home about.

In hindsight, you could argue that arsenal getting the penalty was the best thing for us. We were a much better team from that moment onwards. Even in the last couple of minutes if the first half we hit the bar and went on the front foot.

Kev's goal...SUBLIME!!
"Manchester City paying so much money for Kevin De Bruyne is an absolute joke.

I thought he was out of his depth at Chelsea. He never once went out on the pitch and looked like he belonged there. I don't think he could handle it - and now he's going to City for about three times what Wolfsburg paid for him. Not for me.

He'll be on the bench at City for a start, because you can't change a winning team. Who does he get in ahead of? No-one. They're all playing too well.

But he didn't like it when he was on the bench at Chelsea and he ended up getting bombed out because Jose Mourinho questioned his attitude.

Okay, he's had a good season in Germany. But there are only a few decent clubs there really, aren't there? It's not the Premier League.

I just think their money could have been better spent elsewhere. They need a forward. Aguero and Bony are not enough."

Paul Merson, 2015

I know yeah. Just like United and Liverpool, their fanbase don’t know their own history.

It’s never been proven (who would have admitted it?) but they allegedly bribed their place into the First Division after finishing fifth in the Second Division, which is quite likely as well since they were found guilty of bribing and dodgy payments for players that saw their owner banned from football for life, just a few years later. Only thing is they won their first five league titles during this dodgy period of their history.

Before then, they’d never won a trophy, never got to a Cup final, never got near challenging for the league (I think 9th was their best ever position before that era of dominance).
Along with our friends from Trafford, have also been the worst supported team in the 1st Division during their history....

"Manchester City paying so much money for Kevin De Bruyne is an absolute joke.

I thought he was out of his depth at Chelsea. He never once went out on the pitch and looked like he belonged there. I don't think he could handle it - and now he's going to City for about three times what Wolfsburg paid for him. Not for me.

He'll be on the bench at City for a start, because you can't change a winning team. Who does he get in ahead of? No-one. They're all playing too well.

But he didn't like it when he was on the bench at Chelsea and he ended up getting bombed out because Jose Mourinho questioned his attitude.

Okay, he's had a good season in Germany. But there are only a few decent clubs there really, aren't there? It's not the Premier League.

I just think their money could have been better spent elsewhere. They need a forward. Aguero and Bony are not enough."

Paul Merson, 2015

And there boys n girls is why drugs are not good for you !

I was on the Burnley fans forum a while ago and read a post about Arteta's annoying behaviour from an observant supporter who'd seen him in action several times this season. Described how in match after match he'd kick the ball away a few feet if it went into touch for an opposition throw-in or try to block the player taking the throw. Said someone should twat the guy and put him over the railings and into the stands. Maybe that's what Kev had in mind with his push.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.