Arsenal Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its so funny when they get giddy like rags occasionally do. Just listening to 606 and Lucas came on " Arsenal are better man for man and have better strength in depth " than City. Then quotes names of players in the starting 11 which he thinks proves they are better in depth. He was then challenged to do a City / Arsenal 11 - only put 3 Arsenal players in - Partey, Jesus and Xhaka - genius - he was cut off shortly afterwards

Its so funny when they get giddy like rags occasionally do. Just listening to 606 and Lucas came on " Arsenal are better man for man and have better strength in depth " than City. Then quotes names of players in the starting 11 which he thinks proves they are better in depth. He was then challenged to do a City / Arsenal 11 - only put 3 Arsenal players in - Partey, Jesus and Xhaka - genius - he was cut off shortly afterwards
I loved his idea that we won’t win the league because Haaland has a long injury record and will play only 25 games, failing completely to notice we have won 4 out of 5 titles without a recognised striker.
I suppose they are so starved of success that any straw will be clutched at.

Signing of zinchenko n jesus have brought the winning mentality to the squad, they, ll definitely be in top 4 and with good recruitment in next window, they could be genuine title contenders next season, this season they have an outside chance I reckon
I agree with that. It's going to be an odd season with the World Cup break, and injuries could play a major part. It could be a very good season for one of the outsiders, and Arsenal look the most likely at this stage.

Hands up all those who thought Leicester were going to crumble 6 years ago.

Don't know if anyone remembers Gooner2? By about mid-December 2013 Arsenal were making a serious tilt at being champions, certainly their most serious since they last won it. He was all over this forum, very giddy in the run-up to their game with us. People will remember the result.
@Jack Hackett is a serious and balanced poster, by and large, but a little caution is in order, probably. Arsenal are doing well, and I'm genuinely pleased that Gabriel Jesus is such a major part of it. We'll have a better idea of how sustained Arsenal's challenge is going to be (and indeed our own) after the World Cup. Personally, I'd be happy to see them in top four, for sure, if it means excluding the rags and Spurs (ideally LFC too, but that would be too much to hope for).

Thanks for the mention. After 8 games, it’s clearly too early to say what will happen. You’ll forgive me my elation today at beating the Dark Side and when it comes down to it, however competitive or uncompetitive we are, there is rarely a better feeling.

As to the league, I’m optimistic about making top 4 and ideally would want Man Yoo and Spurs to fail to do the same.

As for the title, I can’t see beyond City but it’d be nice to be next best.,,

Let's see how they do against the shit Dippers next week

They are MUCH better than last season, but still it's 8 games in and they've only played two of the top 6, Spurs they pretty much always beat at home and United too advantage of their naivety

Looking like the second best team in the league at the moment. What i do like is that they put all the trophies they have won around the ground with loads of space for more and perhaps have only added one or two at best to it.

Let's see how they do against the shit Dippers next week

They are MUCH better than last season, but still it's 8 games in and they've only played two of the top 6, Spurs they pretty much always beat at home and United too advantage of their naivety

Yes, next week is another test so we’ll see how that goes

We are a young side so naivety is to be expected but also to be learnt from

I think they are contenders. Barring major injuries, I don't see how they don't contend for the title.

I've seen in them, things I constantly only used to observe in us. I.e. Win or lose, they've been dominant. Created more chances, dominated possession and looked like the better team. United and Spurs played them like they both often play us (on the counter). I.e. they both conceded Arsenal was the superior team early, and switched to a counter game.

It won't surprise me if the same happens against Liverpool..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.