Arsenal Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mate, as has been pointed out loads, we are a defeat Vs you guys at The Etihad and say a draw at somewhere like Anfield away from being behind you if you keep winning your games.

Doesn't sound that much of a lead when you put it like that.
You shat out of EL on purpose.
Knew you couldn't fight on more than one front.
Still fucking peeves me we ever sold anyone to you lot.
A decision that will fucking haunt us...one and only chance for 3 in a row..
Not to mention W.C and fucking Atwell screwing us over
You won't repeat it when you have to go balls deep in the C.L. as you had to rely on ridiculous luck v Villa and B'mouth
The thought of having to give you a fucking G.O.H before we annihilate you for the 3rd time this season makes me cough up bile.

The game v us is huge. If you win it will be 100% game over. If we win then its game on

It's a massive game. But you can understand, given our record Vs you guys, why I wouldn't be going into it full of confidence lol.

That's all it's and buts I'd rather have the points in the bag. I understand your caution though I'm exactly the same with us lol. You're lucky having Arteta, Jesus and Zinchenko they've been there before. They know just win one game at a time. We've got some tough games too, Liverpool and Chelsea.

But we have to be perfect and win all our matches in a schedule that includes an FA Cup Semi and likely Final (V United?), Bayern, and perhaps Real Madrid plus PL games against you, Liverpool, Chelsea and Brighton. If we come through that to win a treble it would end any debates about who is the best team of all time. But I can't see it. You can afford to lose at the Etihad and stll win it. Right now I would shake my hand on winning the FA Cup and the CL and drink a toast to Arteta, Jesus, and Zinchenko. Football is fantastic.

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy to have the points on the board. Basically, what I'm saying is I think we'll drop points along the way, at the Ethihad, Anfield and probably St James, so I think we need you to drop further points as well.

I fully appreciate your tough schedule in comparison to ours, and to be honest that's what I'm clinging my hopes on as when I look at your fixtures in isolation I can't see you dropping many more points.

You shat out of EL on purpose.
Knew you couldn't fight on more than one front.
Still fucking peeves me we ever sold anyone to you lot.
A decision that will fucking haunt us...one and only chance for 3 in a row..
Not to mention W.C and fucking Atwell screwing us over
You won't repeat it when you have to go balls deep in the C.L. as you had to rely on ridiculous luck v Villa and B'mouth
The thought of having to give you a fucking G.O.H before we annihilate you for the 3rd time this season makes me cough up bile.

Don't hide back your feelings mate lol.

I don't think we shat out the Europa League on purpose, I just think we rotated a few players but the players we bring in just aren't quite good enough yet, I'm thinking guys like Vieira and Nelson in particular.

And you won't need to give us a GOH at The Etihad as we won't win the league before then that's for sure (if it all even).

Don't hide back your feelings mate lol.

I don't think we shat out the Europa League on purpose, I just think we rotated a few players but the players we bring in just aren't quite good enough yet, I'm thinking guys like Vieira and Nelson in particular.

And you won't need to give us a GOH at The Etihad as we won't win the league before then that's for sure (if it all even).
Sadly I think the league's done.
Only 10 games left as opposed to a possible 18 with bent refs and teams kicking 7 colours out of us the way they won't against you lot.
54 years a match going blue... yes I wear my heart on my sleeve and I'm proud of it.
You've never seen truly bad times and I'll never forget the ovation you got at Maine Rd. Did you do that for us at your place 0-3 up?
Then your board tried to stitch us up with that letter which leads us to our current predicament with the red top fuelled witch hunt .
I've been through more emotions than you could ever envisage watching our boys home and away and more recently in Europe. Some fucking plaudits wouldn't go amiss from some quarters. Nothing personal mate , you seem a decent type, but you and Jack are in full blown defensive mechanism mode.
Just admit it , it's gone your way with us being 15/20% off most of the season yet we could conceivably end up with nowt though we finally seemed to have found top gear. So P.L. PIGMOL and UEFA seem destined to step in somewhere.
Would you really want us to win the C.L before your lot?
A Frankenstein club with no fans nor history.....?

I’d back us to win the league in any other season but there’s that nagging fear we will continue to drop points against “lesser” opposition.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see us defeat Arsenal and Liverpool, only to slip up against the likes of Southampton, Brighton (good side admittedly) and Brentford.

It's a massive game. But you can understand, given our record Vs you guys, why I wouldn't be going into it full of confidence lol.
As a long time match going blue , in my head im thinking “theyre due a win” :))

Id put us slight favourites for that game. Weve been here many times and only won one league at ease. The rest have been up to the wire. I think we have our pre world cup swagger back now, just at the right time and wont drop many points. You need to be near perfect.
But ….. theres a reason why you keep pulling results out the bag, because youre a decent team.
And dont listen to these lot saying its only because you got zinch and jesus. Thats bollocks. They were bit part players who werent quite good enough for us, both loved, but not shoe ins for a start at all.
Theyve just complimented you lot very well.

So yeah. I think itll be a last dayer again

I’d back us to win the league in any other season but there’s that nagging fear we will continue to drop points against “lesser” opposition.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see us defeat Arsenal and Liverpool, only to slip up against the likes of Southampton, Brighton (good side admittedly) and Brentford.
Nah we are over that. The forest game was a turning point. We wont lose such a game again this season

I'm sort of resigned to arsenal winning it. Not as mithered as it isn't Liverpool! And it's been a strange one off season. An asterisk sort of season.

But let's see, long way to go.
I think if arsenal win it they’ll struggle next season for some reason just have that feeling and with teams strengthening I honestly could see them miss out on top 4 altogether..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.