Arsenal Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
You shat out of EL on purpose.
Knew you couldn't fight on more than one front.
Still fucking peeves me we ever sold anyone to you lot.
A decision that will fucking haunt us...one and only chance for 3 in a row..
Not to mention W.C and fucking Atwell screwing us over
You won't repeat it when you have to go balls deep in the C.L. as you had to rely on ridiculous luck v Villa and B'mouth
The thought of having to give you a fucking G.O.H before we annihilate you for the 3rd time this season makes me cough up bile.
What a load of bollocks.

If we wanted out of Europa then we wouldn’t have waited until pens in extra time to do it. Even if we did ‘shat out of Europa’ then so what?? Best chance of winning first title in 20 years, you think city or any club wouldn’t do the same?

You didn’t annihilate us in either game. The fa cup was quite even as was the prem game. You might have been slightly better but certainly didn’t annihilate us.

Bournemouth game wasn’t luck if you actually watched it. If anyone was lucky it was Bournemouth for somehow being 2-0 up in the first place.

Why wouldn’t we repeat it when we go ‘balls deep’ in cl? Just a thought but have you considered the possibility that arsenal might sign more (and better) players to cope with cl football?

What a load of bollocks.

If we wanted out of Europa then we wouldn’t have waited until pens in extra time to do it. Even if we did ‘shat out of Europa’ then so what?? Best chance of winning first title in 20 years, you think city or any club wouldn’t do the same?

You didn’t annihilate us in either game. The fa cup was quite even as was the prem game. You might have been slightly better but certainly didn’t annihilate us.

Bournemouth game wasn’t luck if you actually watched it. If anyone was lucky it was Bournemouth for somehow being 2-0 up in the first place.

Why wouldn’t we repeat it when we go ‘balls deep’ in cl? Just a thought but have you considered the possibility that arsenal might sign more (and better) players to cope with cl football?
Well I suppose that FFP will be dispensed with to enable you lot to spend money you don't have on such players after you clearly broke the bank to do so this season.
As I said in my more measured later response it's needed a lot of things to go your way.
From 6th to 1st is a heck of a jump...

I think if arsenal win it they’ll struggle next season for some reason just have that feeling and with teams strengthening I honestly could see them miss out on top 4 altogether..
I’ve seen this said many times. So and so will never win it again because xyz are in transition, or having a bad season etc etc.

I get the thinking but it’s probably only been true twice (Leicester and Blackburn). And those teams didn’t win it again because it truly was a one off set of circumstances.

But we are not Leicester or Blackburn. Aside from city, we have the strongest team in the league and some of the best players. Why should we suddenly fall away next season? I see nothing that makes me think Utd pool or Chelsea will significantly overtake us next year to the point where we can’t even make top 4.

Leeds in the next match aside, Arsenal has Liverpool away, West Ham away, Southampton at home, us away, Chelsea at home, Newcastle away, Brighton at home before the final two matches. If we can't catch-up/overtake them by then, they probably deserve it.

They will drop points in these fixtures, 3 against us, and maybe up to 5 points in the other ones. That's 8 points, so if we do our part, we will be three points ahead with two matches to go.

Well I suppose that FFP will be dispensed with to enable you lot to spend money you don't have on such players after you clearly broke the bank to do so this season.
As I said in my more measured later response it's needed a lot of things to go your way.
From 6th to 1st is a heck of a jump...

FFP is a load of rubbish anyway and has never worked imo. What makes you think we didn’t have the money to sign players?

Obviously no cl means we dont have the same firepower, but we’ve still spent a lot of money and no banks have been broken. People forget that we are also owned by billionaires with plenty of money. We’ll also have extra money from cl.

Also it’s not strictly 6th to 1st. We’ve been playing well for a while now, I think over the last 2 years we are 2nd or 3rd in terms of points won. Last season we were a whisker away from getting 4th.

I’m not saying anyone thought we’d be 1st, but it’s also not as huge a jump as you make out.

Leeds in the next match aside, Arsenal has Liverpool away, West Ham away, Southampton at home, us away, Chelsea at home, Newcastle away, Brighton at home before the final two matches. If we can't catch-up/overtake them by then, they probably deserve it.

They will drop points in these fixtures, 3 against us, and maybe up to 5 points in the other ones. That's 8 points, so if we do our part, we will be three points ahead with two matches to go.

Leeds, West Ham Chelsea and Southampton don’t worry me (famous last words). Newcastle seem to have fallen away slightly. We could obviously drop points in any of those, it always happens when you least expect it (ie Everton and Brentford recently). But I’m not sitting here sweating about those games.

Massively worried about pool and city away though. I think for a change, we just have to play for a draw and not get beat. It’s not arsenals way but we have to learn that we don’t always have to win the game.

FFP is a load of rubbish anyway and has never worked imo. What makes you think we didn’t have the money to sign players?

Obviously no cl means we dont have the same firepower, but we’ve still spent a lot of money and no banks have been broken. People forget that we are also owned by billionaires with plenty of money. We’ll also have extra money from cl.

Also it’s not strictly 6th to 1st. We’ve been playing well for a while now, I think over the last 2 years we are 2nd or 3rd in terms of points won. Last season we were a whisker away from getting 4th.

I’m not saying anyone thought we’d be 1st, but it’s also not as huge a jump as you make out.
Ahh you think FFP is garbage...owned by billionaires with plenty of dosh... bankrolled by an Emirati national carrier for umpteen years... Wow...who knew? So why was your club the instigator of this witch hunt?Why is our spending (not to mention the huge investment in club and community)treated differently to yours? Even when we're net surplus of 100m..?2nd or 3rd based on an extremely selective 2 seasons...a 24 point gap not a huge jump....
Come on mate...you know why we get justifiably peeved ...

What a load of bollocks.

Fuck off prick

Have you learnt nothing about FFP, it doesn’t matter if you’re owned by billionaires. That’s the whole reason it was created.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.