Arsenal Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
They have experienced Pep relentlessly driving his team on & the success it brings. Kompany said it many times.

“I’ve been in that changing room, I know what they’ll be saying”

Knowing your hunter’s could be detrimental.
Jesus shit himself when asked to play as a striker for a title chasing team "I'm a winger now" fucking fanny. If that's the player arsenal are looking at to be a leader in the run in, then shit.

What you've not mentioned is Jesus, Zinchenko & Arteta having been through this several times at City. They know what it takes.

Just like in 2016, everyone's waiting for a collapse that I just can't see happening. Arsenal are just too good at the moment.

However, this DOES NOT mean the title is a shoe in for them either. We'll push them all the way & both of our run ins are littered with teams with something to fight for.

This ain't over yet & points in the bank gives Arsenal a 6 point advantage. Personally, I'd rather we were in their position.
Jesus, Zinchenko and Arteta have been in this position before but, with the possible exception of Zinchenko, they were never the focal point of our team. Arteta was Pep's assistant and Jesus was never our main number one striker like he is at Arsenal. It's a different kind of pressure and experience fir them now.

Zinchenko played a lot in our league wins but when he was in tears in the stands after being subbed that should be a big worry for Arsenal. His emotions were always a big part of his performances for us, when he was calm and collected and there was no pressure he would play pretty well. When he wasn't in control of his emotions he'd charge all over the pitch, throw himself into stupid tackles, lose his positional awareness and make mistakes. I remember how he was in tears when we qualified for the Champions League final and he was sobbing on the pitch after the semi, then when we get to the final it was obvious from the first minute he was having one of his emotional turbo charged ill disciplined games. He'd invested too much emotional energy into the thought of playing the game rather than just playing it. We've seen it this season with Arsenal too in the two games we played against them, his head was gone as soon as the game kicked off. They're making a big mistake if they're looking at him to be the calm head and voice of experience during the run in. Hopefully his stress and erratic emotions rub off on the rest of the young lads in the dressing room, especially if they're looking to senior players like Xhaka to help the players keep cool and focused.

I agree I'd rather be in their position though, points on the board is the most important thing at this stage of the season. I'd rather have our fixtures though, mid week games keep us ticking over nicely and they've got tougher away games than us.

Well that was fun wasn’t it?
Liverpool should have won it; only their profligacy in front of goal and some outstanding saves by Henderson gave Arsenal, who were 2-0 up in half an hour, a point.
I hope other teams (and Pep) who have to play Arsenal noted that they fell apart when faced with aggression. We know Xhaka is a walking time-bomb, but he has kept it under wraps this year, Xinchenko can be flaky and most of them have no experience of the run in. Barcodes, take note.
Game on.

Last edited:
They looked like a team that was about to shit the bed again in that second half
This isn’t a peak Liverpool we are chasing here
Mentality monsters they certainly ain’t!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.