Arsenal Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
That would be one of the biggest football downgrades of all time

Perhaps. Just thought about it because seen you were linked to Tierney yesterday morning, then someone mentioned about us for Cancelo.

You have a bit of a Cancelo problem, and I doubt Bayern will solve that, especially at the price of the option payment.

In saying that, not sure if Pep would want a traditional full back in Tierney, he's more likely to go to Newcastle I'd imagine.

The more I see of our 3rd goal on Wednesday the way Odegard gave the ball away and gave up is disgraceful for the so called player of the year.

The team we put out in Europe should have been enough to get through. We didn't play kids, it was all first team players that should have been good enough to go through. We didn't go through because we weren't good enough in the night thats all.

Ironically, that was the night we lost our best defender through injury, and his first replacement as well. So perhaps going as strong did cost is in the league.

I haven’t got a clue about what Arsenal did or didn’t do. This is because I don’t give enough of a fuck. But, being out of all cups without getting to the final stages especially in the Europa League is usually done by not giving a fuck. Id hazard a guess Arteta put all your eggs in one basket for a run at the top 4.

I do think though that Arsenal have played some decent football and I’d rather it be Arsenal than one of the other shower of cunts that we are fighting against for the prem.

And this is why you don`t piss on your chances of winning silverware, After a season that promised so much Arsenals season could end with nothing to show for it. So could we but we are in a semi-final and final.
To say I'd be slightly peeved if we ended up with nothing, from this position, would be putting it mildly. 3? It's a big ask. Madrid seem to come alive at this stage of the CL. And even if we do beat them, Italian teams are masters of the dark arts, of shithousing their way to a result. But I would hope for the two domestic cups at least.

Barely worth a mention, Neville sucked through his teeth and said quietly “ooh that’s bad” as if he was covering up his mike but it’s as if someone shook their head at him or gave him a sign to ignore it because the main commentator remained silent even at the replay.
If they punished him for that then Harry Kane would miss at least half of the games each season.

Been a bit busy and not got my head around this weekend's fixture list and I thought the Fulham match was today. So found myself at a loose end and decided to have a look at Wednesday's matchday threads on a couple of the Arsenal forums.

I haven't got as far as the post-match but some of the pre-match comments are hilarious - very little of it based on reality, i.e. current form etc. :

"Rodri sent off in first 10 minutes, 1-0 up at half time after Stones gives away a penalty, Saka running riot, late 2nd goal for Trossard"

"Jesus to recreate the Adebayor celebration with a last minute winner"

"We will acquit ourselves well. Anyone saying we will get smashed is projecting based on our recent results"
(No, you think?)

"Ake is out so Saka will have a field day"

"No other team is as balanced as the team we have now so yes, we can compete with any team in Europe technically and tactically, and beat them".

"Not sure what to think with city getting a lot of freak wins"

But I want this guy to pick my lottery ticket numbers:
"We have to win but I think it will be 4-1 city with them missing a lot of chances. This team is done."

Cheered me up today anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.