Arsenal Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder how long it will take them to realise we sold him a couple of pups.

I do have to admit I liked Gabby as a winger but not a main striker.
I never warm to players who constantly moan, remonstrate, and act like a smacked arse when things don’t go their way. They’re trouble over time.

Look at the difference in the reactions between Haaland and Jesus when they miss a chance, or a run gets missed, or they’re not getting the service they want.

One looks on the verge of tears while the other gets straight back into a good position for the next chance, and the next, and the next…and all with the look of a Norseman looking for nubile villagers!!!

Probably not as good as the fourmidable and centurions teams (yet), at the least not as consistent across the season as those teams were and not as prolific going forward. Their peak performances are arguably better though as we're a lot more solid and composed defensively in the bigger games where we've less of the ball and while being less dangerous going forwards its very, very difficult to keep us from scoring. If we can keep Bernardo for another season and do some smart transfer business (not necessarily any big names) I think this team will be the best of the lot.
This team has only just gelled.
It's a different style of football than we have been used to with the false 9's, this is more direct and muscular football.
This season's closed season signings will give us a better pointer as to what kind of a team and footballing style we can expect in the next phase of City's footballing development.

We're probably a little less predictable now as we can score goals a lot of different ways now.

Arsenal have done way better than expected this season, you just need to make sure it's a stepping stone by continuing to invest in the right areas. With CL coming up next season too, you probably need to add around 5-6 players you can rely on - some as first choice, others are rotation. What do you think you need? Any players linked? Not sure we'll be willing to sell you anyone else now...!
They might go for Cancelo if Bayern decide not to buy him at the end of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.