Arsenal Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haven't they spent a shit load in the last few seasons.
Yes they have. That’s one of the fascinating things about this season. Arsenal fans are complaining that they only have a squad of 15 players and need 5 more to compete, and you hear people constantly going on about us having this really big squad and all these signings, but the truth is that since Cancelo left, we have been operating with 16 players. They’re all good players, undoubtedly, but everyone else in the squad is but a bit part player.

He’s always struck me as the most level-headed of the ‘characters’ involved in that station, and it’s hard to disagree with much of his diagnosis. It’s unusual to hear him swear, so I guess he is deeply frustrated because he knows from experience that their board is unlikely to make the required outlay that he thinks they need. The expectations next season will be higher and may well go unmet again.
I always liked Claude. He was a cranky old c**t, so he reminded me of me. RIP fella, wherever you might be now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.