Arsenal Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
They will be nowhere near us next season, they will be lucky to get top 4.
I agree with this. He (Arteta) went to the gooners with next to no managerial experience, but he had a head full of Pep's teachings and a desire to put them into practice. Along comes another Prem club in the shape of Arsenal and he is offered the job as coach: money, kudos, big-name players, a sizeable support base and a media urging him to stop us cleaning up - again. The London-biased media supporting him every inch of the way and celebrity fans (we all know who they are) using every bit of air time they've got to champion the cause of the 'plucky underdogs.'

It starts off relatively well, momentum on their sides. And even when cup competitions enter the scene things are going well on the good ship HMS Tarquin.
But then their steps begin to falter. One by one they are dumped from the various cup competitions, but they see it as a positive because now they can concentrate on the Grail itself - the Premiership.
And when that too begins to unravel and the world begins to see the diving, feigning injuries, the constant time-wasting and the general negativity Arteta has instilled in his side, the varnish begins to wear off. Fans and pundits alike start calling them out for their underhanded tactics, and by the business end of the season everyone sees them as the pretenders they always were.

Arteta tried to go toe-to-toe with the man himself but has now had to run home to mummy because he has a bloodied nose that needs looking at.

No, I don't see them challenging next season either.

Still beggars belief that they actually went well for so long this season with the squad they have. I was expecting them to implode far earlier than they did.

He has a handful of very good players and the rest are of fairly poor standard. Certainly feel they have overachieved this season and will find it very difficult to get near to replicating it next season.

Analyse arses results and performances in just the last 11 games,extrapolate them over a full season and they are mid table.

No cup fixtures or Euro games,just one competition on home soil.

Their ipsocollapso puts CITYs magnificence into an even greater elevated status.

3 elite competitions, every 3 days, top opponents, international travel, small first choice squad, pigmol !!

The best team in the land and all the world !!

I know we'll all look at this and snigger and say 'tough shit' (I did to be honest!), but I guess it was a fairly measured response. Where I disagree with him is, while Arsenal have undoubtedly improved this season, I don't think they'll be pushing for the top spot next season in the same way. They'll have a real battle for top 4. And at least he put together a fairly coherent "rant" without the use of 'fam' 'blud' and 'innit'.
Seemed very reasonable and the sort of Tarquin you could feel a little sympathy for, unlike the rest of the odious, self entitled crew they stick in front of the camera.

Put this season side by side with our 2012 win. Both new build squads that hadn't won a league in a while in a run in with a much more experienced title winning machine. What are the differences?

1) we beat the other team on top
2) whilst it was an emotional team the leaders like Kompany kept things grounded.
3) we didn't declare ourselves champions 10 games in.
4) Sergio Aguero
5) Sir Joey Barton

Arsenal fans will point to the injury of Saliba as being the turning point of the season but when you have that kind of challenge feeling sorry for yourself undermines everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.