Arsenal Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
People asking were Arsenal just not good enough, or did they bottle it...

Well, why can't it be both?

They've got some very good players (Saka, Odegaard, Martinelli, Ramsdale at times), but a load of mid-table dross also. They shouldn't have been up there challenging and they were massively overachieving, but the results of late and the dropoff in performance have suggested bottling it a bit tbh.

A bit like people suggesting Newcastle bottled the league under Keegan - they had a defence with Darren Peacock, John Beresford and Warren Barton in it. They should never have been up there in the first place.

Well. thats 30 seconds of my life that I won't get back - and I haven't got that to spare! In that 30 seconds I discovered his Mum does know more about football and he has very little to actually say about football.
Don't know why there is so much call for these arseholes - you can get that on the matchday thread.

People asking were Arsenal just not good enough, or did they bottle it...

Well, why can't it be both?

They've got some very good players (Saka, Odegaard, Martinelli, Ramsdale at times), but a load of mid-table dross also. They shouldn't have been up there challenging and they were massively overachieving, but the results of late and the dropoff in performance have suggested bottling it a bit tbh.

A bit like people suggesting Newcastle bottled the league under Keegan - they had a defence with Darren Peacock, John Beresford and Warren Barton in it. They should never have been up there in the first place.

They had an amazing first half of the season and looked unstoppable at some points. They managed to keep going after City beat them at the Emirates and string a further run together, if they build from what they have done this year there’s no reason why they can’t be back up there again.

I think they'll improve. Arteta will get the money to go and buy the 5-6 players they probably need. But they'll still fail to compete with us. People have worked them out now, and Arteta's only option will be to copy whatever tactics he's seen Pep use. He should have stayed and studied Pep for a bit longer.

They had an amazing first half of the season and looked unstoppable at some points. They managed to keep going after City beat them at the Emirates and string a further run together, if they build from what they have done this year there’s no reason why they can’t be back up there again.

Very true, but this second half of the season has also shown how far off the are also.

They'll have added demands on tough Champions League games next season and when I look at the defensive side of their team, most are only really good enough to be squad players really. They probably need 3-4 better starters to continue to progress, as nobody is going to stand still.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.