Arsenal Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lessons for Arsenal:

1. Titles are not won in December.
2. It's a marathon, and bloody hard in the last 10 games or so. You need the mentality as well as the ability.

On the other hand, they clearly have the basis of a strong squad. Build on that with a few class additions and the experience can only help in the long term. I'm not sure about the Manager though. So emotional he makes Bobby Mancini seem like Joe Mercer. He needs to learn, as well as the players.

Fair enough. We really didnt handle the run in well. Injuries to Saliba and Tomiyasu were terminal. Arteta was a little late recognising Kiwior is a vast improvement on Holding. We oculdnt handle the pressure in the end

Just need to be aggressive again in the transfer window. Plenty of organic growth from Saliba, Saka, Martinelli and Odegaard. We will be banging on the door next season too
Organic? How much did all them cost? Only Saka I think came through your youth

When it mattered in the last 10 match run in their form was no better than 2021/22 season.
They couldn't even beat the bottom team ffs.
They can be proud of their team but if that was City that lost an eight point lead we would have been called bottlers.
So i see no reason why Arsenal are not called bottlers.
Champions league next season so a poor start in that and the league they are going to be in the chase for the minor league European places again.

Lessons for Arsenal:

2. It's a marathon, and bloody hard in the last 10 games or so. You need the mentality as well as the ability.

On the other hand, they clearly have the basis of a strong squad. Build on that with a few class additions and the experience can only help in the long term. I'm not sure about the Manager though. So emotional he makes Bobby Mancini seem like Joe Mercer. He needs to learn, as well as the players.
I think Arteta will only take them so far, maybe he's at his limit this season.
His histrionics & constantly losing the head don't help his team

Lessons for Arsenal:

On the 1st April Arsenal were 8 points ahead of us and had played one more game.

Both of us have played 7 league matches since with the following results:-
  • Arsenal - W 2, D3, L 2 = 9pts (F 13, A 15)
  • City - W 7 = 21pts (F 21, A 5)
A swing of 12pts in our favour (still have the game in hand) and a goal difference swing of 18 in our favour.

That is some turn around.

On the 1st April Arsenal were 8 points ahead of us and had played one more game.

Both of us have played 7 league matches since with the following results:-
  • Arsenal - W 2, D3, L 2 = 9pts (F 13, A 15)
  • City - W 7 = 21pts (F 21, A 5)
A swing of 12pts in our favour (still have the game in hand) and a goal difference swing of 18 in our favour.

That is some turn around.
City have been perfect, and Arsenal have been mid-table (12th in the form table). Both those things are true, but there's no hiding how much of a collapse that is from Arsenal.

Just seen Piers Morgans genius idea for progression next season......basically,its sign the Brighton midfield/attack.

Fair enough. We really didnt handle the run in well. Injuries to Saliba and Tomiyasu were terminal. Arteta was a little late recognising Kiwior is a vast improvement on Holding. We oculdnt handle the pressure in the end

Just need to be aggressive again in the transfer window. Plenty of organic growth from Saliba, Saka, Martinelli and Odegaard. We will be banging on the door next season too
Jesus will be missing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.