Arsenal Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Until their collapse he was playing very good for them and their fans had completely changed their opinion of him.
He's done that in patches all through his career though, he's still an inconsistent player and a walking red card and in terms of budgets, unless he's taking a huge pay cut, will be on star player level wages for Leverkusen since arsenal pay at least double, possibly triple the wages.

Think this is a very observant post. I think we are a team still in transition ultimately to the way Arteta wants to play. We want to press well, and have been signing players that allow is to do that, but we are still a bit immobile in midfield. Xhaka had a very good season but you wouldn't say he's a natural presser / ball winner, and Partey for some reason lost all form the last couple of months and looked very leggy at times.

I think that's why we have so much interest in Rice and / or Caceido. These offer slightly better ball winning, more athleticism, and can offer a bit of flexibility tactical wise as well.

Also, losing Saliba made us more vulnerable playing the high line, as the alternatives didn't have any of his recovery pace or composure when having to defend 1 on 1.
Come on fella you've been playing one game a week for how long ?

Agreed. But you said so yourself, you went long because our press was really good. You also surrendered possession in that game, something you would never cede to another team. I think we had 65% possession. When was the last time a Pep team had 35% of the ball?

These anecdotal events are cause for optimism among Arsenal ranks. We know we are still very wet behind the ears. Our key playing personnel are all still quite young and our manager is only into his 4th year as a manager.

We are still cutting our teeth and between another big window and the organic growth from Saka, Martinelli, Odegaard and Saliba, we can be better next season.

This notion that this season was make or break is such a fallacy. Ive read comments on this forum about how Odegaard would be the perfect KDB replacement. Well he is going to be at Arsenal next season too. As will Saka, Martinelli, Saliba & they will be a year older.
How many other teams will have 35% possession against you next year? Probably most of them so they'll be hitting it over your press as well :) It's easy to be amazing for one season (or the first half of a season) but teams work out how to minimise you. That's why after a 100 point season we played a different way.

To think you're just going to be able to go again next year and do the same things is the kind of naivety that will have you finishing 6th. You'll need to add something different to the mix.

You need to stop using youth and inexperience as excuses. Youth and inexperience got you 50 points in the first half of the season and 80+ points overall. The reason you don't even want to acknowledge a collapse is why you won't improve next year. Don't blame your circumstances - rise above them

The entitled red shirts quantify history as the number of trophies won over a specific timescale.
The timescale is determined by whichever club the particular glory hunter happened to have latched on to.
Sadly we're getting a good few ourselves.
I had a right go at the twat who was sat next to me (open sale seat) at the end of the Brentford game.
Try watching a 0-0 draw against Bristol Rovers in the third tier of English football says I and then put your glory seeker comments in the bin where they belong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.