Arsenal Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
This 'no history' bollocks really annoys me. We won our first major trophy in 1904, before any club in Greater Manchester except Bury. They are so fucking ignorant.
It doesn't annoy me, I actually find it quite helpful when talking to other fans. Anybody who comes out with this line is immediately marked as a fuckwit who is not worth talking to.

Agreed. But you said so yourself, you went long because our press was really good. You also surrendered possession in that game, something you would never cede to another team. I think we had 65% possession. When was the last time a Pep team had 35% of the ball?

These anecdotal events are cause for optimism among Arsenal ranks. We know we are still very wet behind the ears. Our key playing personnel are all still quite young and our manager is only into his 4th year as a manager.

We are still cutting our teeth and between another big window and the organic growth from Saka, Martinelli, Odegaard and Saliba, we can be better next season.

This notion that this season was make or break is such a fallacy. Ive read comments on this forum about how Odegaard would be the perfect KDB replacement. Well he is going to be at Arsenal next season too. As will Saka, Martinelli, Saliba & they will be a year older.

Arsenal fans should be proud of their team. They’ve had a really good season. I think it would have been even better for them if they’d won some silverware.

However I think next season will be a harder test for us all. It won’t just be a 2 dog fight.

This 'no history' bollocks really annoys me. We won our first major trophy in 1904, before any club in Greater Manchester except Bury. They are so fucking ignorant.

This “no history” is meant to annoy you. They are clutching at straws and getting desperate.

I love it and their desperation.

Agreed. But you said so yourself, you went long because our press was really good. You also surrendered possession in that game, something you would never cede to another team. I think we had 65% possession. When was the last time a Pep team had 35% of the ball?

These anecdotal events are cause for optimism among Arsenal ranks. We know we are still very wet behind the ears. Our key playing personnel are all still quite young and our manager is only into his 4th year as a manager.

We are still cutting our teeth and between another big window and the organic growth from Saka, Martinelli, Odegaard and Saliba, we can be better next season.

This notion that this season was make or break is such a fallacy. Ive read comments on this forum about how Odegaard would be the perfect KDB replacement. Well he is going to be at Arsenal next season too. As will Saka, Martinelli, Saliba & they will be a year older.

If they were key, you wouldn't have folded, as only Saliba was missing.

And there we have the big old gooner gob, there are better players out there and other teams with cash to spend. If the barcodes,PSG, or Bayern offer £80 million Odegaard will be gone

If they were key, you wouldn't have folded, as only Saliba was missing.

And there we have the big old gooner gob, there are better players out there and other teams with cash to spend. If the barcodes,PSG, or Bayern offer £80 million Odegaard will be gone
Can't agree with that im afraid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.