Arsenal Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Arsenal aren't good enough to beat West Ham (A), Southampton (H), Forest (A), and get a draw at least against Brighton (H)? That's ignoring the 1 point "gained" from 2-0 up at Klanfield.
We know though better than this. During league campaign you always have some surprising results, like ourselves against Forest or Brentford.

It was the stage of title race, that suggests some mental thing, but its a bit overrated. They lost Saliba, Jesus performed better before injury, Saka fitness dropped (in this case maybe WC is to blame), Partey started to look like injuries cought up with him.

They are young team, who gave us a fight in the absence of more anticipated challengers, like LFC or Chelsea (i was genuinely convinced, that Tuchel would do better at the start of campaign).

I think Arsenal would leave really great mark upon themselves, if they beat us or draw at least once. They were good in the league at Emirates. They were not much worse than Bayern or Real at Etihad.

Rice is a very good transfer target for them, as is Caicedo. From my perspective its a huge upgrade on either Xhaka or Partey.

They will be there next season with similar points tally is my guess.

Saka has an verbal agreement for a new contract.
If he has any sense he will not sign.
As good as it gets for Arsenal was that 2nd place.

Jesus is a good player but him not seizing the opportunity to be City's main striker and wanting to play as a wide attacker should have shown Arteta that he was not the solution to Arsenal's central striker requirement.

Most strikers would love the opportunity to spearhead a team containing the likes of KdB, Mahrez, Jack etc. but for some reason Jesus did not take on that opportunity.

Which strikers do you think Arsenal could sign? Ivan Toney's tally of 20 goals is impressive and he is a good age but the betting ban has ruled that out. It would be funny if they made a bid for Harry Kane - he is probably exactly the player they need to challenge next season.
Well Kane is an Arsenal fan isn't he? God, that would actually be hilarious if it happened even if it makes Arsenal stronger!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.