Arsenal Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its hard to assess us given we are a blank canvas. We havent been in this position for a long time, and most of our players are in the beginning of their careers. Xhaka, Partey, Zinchenko Jesus, Tierney are the only key personal 25 years and older. Much of the squad are really young. Saka 21, Martinelli 21, ESR 22, Saliba 21, Gabriel 23, White 24, Ramsdale 23, Nketiah 22, Tomyiasu 22, Vieira 21, Odegaard 24.

There is no way to know how they handle the title challenge, as its all knew to almost the entire squad. My honest belief, if they will be up for it. There will be no 'collapse' were we dop points three matches in a row. I can see us being really consistent and being more than competitive in the two games v City and our trip to Anfield.

Saka, Martinelli, Saliba, Odegaard..........these guys are up for it.

Always need to be said times and times again, the key that makes this Arsenal team works is Partey. If he outs because injury, then the team will get shakey and start falling apart. His backup isn't that good like he was.

Always need to be said times and times again, the key that makes this Arsenal team works is Partey. If he outs because injury, then the team will get shakey and start falling apart. His backup isn't that good like he was.
I think they will finish second and then it will feel to Partey like it's 1999.

They are not going away, we need no more performances like the one against Brentford.
Both Arsenal and Newcastle will still be in the mix towards the latter end of the season IMO. Both very good attacking teams and quick play and I have to be honest and say I`ve enjoyed watching both these teams.
We need to be on toes for all games, something which Pep is very good at making the lads do. An interesting seaon ahead.

West Ham were not very impressive. They were more like a Championship side, I thought. No fresh ideas, no plan B, so they spent most of the game committing silly little fouls and feigning injury whenever they lost the ball. It was like the game plan was to disrupt the flow of the game and get Arsenal bogged down in a midfield stalemate.

Thankfully, it failed.
And I say 'thankfully' not because I'm a closet Gunner -obviously I would have preferred a wet spam victory- but because Arsenal tried to play football and West Ham didn't.

They are not going away, we need no more performances like the one against Brentford.
I agree . Anyone who thinks this arsenal team will fall away is in a big shock as they will go to the wire and there’s a good chance they win the title especially if we carry on the pre World Cup form .

They can’t win it as the Liverpool fans I know have said that only Klopp is capable of stopping it being a 1 team league.

Without them City would stroll it every season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.