Arsenal Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair bit of flapping here after yesterday's game putting them 8 ahead.
I do take them seriously but they are not yet favourites for the title in my book.
They have an athletic, energetic group of young players and are well coached but no recent experience of pacing themselves in a long campaign and coming out on top.
Pep, like Ferguson in the past, is a master at having his squad peak at the vital time to go on a long run of victories winning many games early allowing the players to play at a lower tempo and not expend too much energy or risk injuries by having to strain every sinew to win close games.

I do worry a bit about the fact that we're still in all the Cups and seemingly going all out to win them whereas Arsenal are out of the LC and may well be prepared to prioritise the PL above all else.
If that was the case how did Liverpool win it for the first time in 30 years? How did you win it for the first time in decades with Mancini as manager? How did Leicester City win it. Teams can win the league without recent precedent.

People keep saying 'Arsenal always bottle the title' even though every player and the manager is not associated with what happened among previous Arsenal campaigns. Peoples perceptions of Arsenal are still influenced by previous years, not appreciating the rapid change that Arteta has ushered in playing personnel, culture ect.

Even when West Ham scored. I wasnt phased, I knew we would still win. Brighton away this week.........well win this too

If that was the case how did Liverpool win it for the first time in 30 years? How did you win it for the first time in decades with Mancini as manager? How did Leicester City win it. Teams can win the league without recent precedent.

People keep saying 'Arsenal always bottle the title' even though every player and the manager is not associated with what happened among previous Arsenal campaigns. Peoples perceptions of Arsenal are still influenced by previous years, not appreciating the rapid change that Arteta has ushered in playing personnel, culture ect.

Even when West Ham scored. I wasnt phased, I knew we would still win. Brighton away this week.........well win this too
You have three big games in January. If you can maintain your lead after the results of them I think you have a bloody good chance of going all the way. You have another three tough fixtures April but if you still have your lead then it will be tough to pull back. Very impressed with this version of Arsenal. Good to watch with some very good players. Of course you must admit City have had a huge input with Gabby, Zinch and Arteta but thats about winning attitude. Think Odegard, Partey, Saliba, Martinelli all excellent.
I hope we beat you to it obviously but if we cant then I would prefer you lot to any of Spuds/Dippers/Rags for sure.

What happened to getting top four last season when it was a shoe in?

We've got it all to prove, and until we do, people are right to be sceptical. I'm still sceptical. I still struggle to believe we'll go to Brighton and win, never mind winning leagues.

Even when West Ham scored. I wasnt phased, I knew we would still win. Brighton away this week.........well win this too.

I agree with all your comments except the last one. West Ham are a weak team. Brighton away will be a tougher test and could be a banana skin for you, that's all I'm saying. Not an easy one to go to just after the restart and City fans will continue thinking that, as soon as you drop a point, your historic wobble will start - whether the manager, staff or players are associated with numerous New Year Arsenal wobbles of the past, or not.
In fact, come to think of it, the manager was probably associated with a few of them when he played there.
The pressure is on now in every game. City are used to that. Let's see how it goes for us tonight when we hope to put some pressure back on you. Then we'll see how you fare against Newcastle next Tuesday - that'll be a very interesting game for us to make judgements on. 3 games in quick succession will start sorting out the men from the boys.
If you finish above us, we'll all say, "Well done."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.