Arsenal Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing is with Arsenal they are one loss from a complete collapse ........ just a feeling that come your game against them they will be behind ,...........
its no more than a cliche.

Gary Neville also dealt another cliche saying we still have defensive problems even though we have conceded the least goals bar Newcastle. He also cited the generic 'vulnerable from set pieces' line. Even though we have one of the better records with regards to conceding set piece goals, and we dont even concede many goals to begin with having conceded 12 in 15 games. But aroun 10 years ago we were bullied by Stoke and Delap throw ins so its kind of just stuck the 'Arsenal vulnerable from set pieces' even though were not.

Were not one loss away from a collapse. Not even close

So they have Jesus Saka Martinelli Smith Rowe Nkietiah Andy now they want Felix and Mudryk. Not quite David vs Goliath eh or Underdog story they are selling?
Ive been making this argument prior. There is a narrative Arsenal lack depth, and whilst this is true in some areas, its woefully not true in others. Our fullback options are White/Tomiyasu Zinchenko/Tierney. These fullbacks are more than good enough. White can also double as a centre half to back up Gabriel/Saliba, White can shit to centre half and Tomiyasu came in at RB.

As you mentioned if we get Mudyrk, we would have Murdyrk, Smith-Rowe, Vieira, and the underrated Nketiah on the bench to back up Martinelli, Odegaard, Saka, Jesus. Xhaka never gets injured or fatigued, so no worry their. The only real worry is Partey given we dont have a player who can replicate what he does. he is by far our most important player. But then Liverpool can hardly replace Fabinho, United Casemiro, and Kalvin Phillips is not anywhere near Rodri levels. Against lesser teams perhaps Phillips or Gundogan in the holding role can work, but against the top teams without Rodri, I imagine it will be a worry.

Our performances this year should not be a surprise. I cringed at the early season predictions by the likes of Gary Neville, Simon Jordan, Souness ect who pegged us for 6th.

Gary Neville also dealt another cliche saying we still have defensive problems even though we have conceded the least goals bar Newcastle. He also cited the generic 'vulnerable from set pieces' line. Even though we have one of the better records with regards to conceding set piece goals, and we dont even concede many goals to begin with having conceded 12 in 15 games. But aroun 10 years ago we were bullied by Stoke and Delap throw ins so its kind of just stuck the 'Arsenal vulnerable from set pieces' even though were not.

We will see bud but history and recent one at that points to a collapse at some point :( .......... think the next month and Half will have a huge say on it

Brighton A
Newcastle H
Spurs A
Man U H

That’s a tough set of games upcoming

No, yer not. There's more steel in the Arse this season, and it's only two games to lose for Arteta and two games to win for Pep, but I don't think it will materialise. it could be down to the two games we play each other but draws seem to be the obvious option so the gap remains the same. I don't mind an Arse title - it deprives Rags and Dippers and save the world from a media lovefest for the entire close season.

Even when West Ham scored. I wasnt phased, I knew we would still win. Brighton away this week.........well win this too
This more than anything confirms to me that this is all a bit of a laugh and a bit of fun in the early part of the season. We've been through three of the most brutal run-ins with an exceptional Liverpool team where even a draw would hand them the title. If you're looking up and down fixture lists with zen like calm then we are a long way away from the title. Let's see how you feel when you play us, Newcastle, Chelsea and Brighton with six games to play.

I think we need to get this clear- Arsenal are the real deal this season , nobody thought Leicester would go on and win it , we will have to beat them twice in my opinion to snuff them out , their game v Newcastle is going to be very interesting indeed !
Of course I fancy City to make it three on the bounce , let’s just not underestimate them expecting them to drop a lot of points , because City will also !

Welcome to our world !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.