Arsenal Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
The trouble we've got is that we've always got a Brentford performance in us.
Agreed.
Despite results and goals the actual performances this season from us have been below par compared to other seasons. That Brentford result had been coming.
Newcastle as well will push us...I can see them winning a cup as well with their fan following they get....huge wave of emotion is carrying them at present

Young fast players and they deserve to be where they are at the moment. We have to beat Leeds tomorrow.

Fair bit of flapping here after yesterday's game putting them 8 ahead.
I do take them seriously but they are not yet favourites for the title in my book.
They have an athletic, energetic group of young players and are well coached but no recent experience of pacing themselves in a long campaign and coming out on top.
Pep, like Ferguson in the past, is a master at having his squad peak at the vital time to go on a long run of victories winning many games early allowing the players to play at a lower tempo and not expend too much energy or risk injuries by having to strain every sinew to win close games.

I do worry a bit about the fact that we're still in all the Cups and seemingly going all out to win them whereas Arsenal are out of the LC and may well be prepared to prioritise the PL above all else.

Fair bit of flapping here after yesterday's game putting them 8 ahead.
I do take them seriously but they are not yet favourites for the title in my book.
They have an athletic, energetic group of young players and are well coached but no recent experience of pacing themselves in a long campaign and coming out on top.
Pep, like Ferguson in the past, is a master at having his squad peak at the vital time to go on a long run of victories winning many games early allowing the players to play at a lower tempo and not expend too much energy or risk injuries by having to strain every sinew to win close games.

I do worry a bit about the fact that we're still in all the Cups and seemingly going all out to win them whereas Arsenal are out of the LC and may well be prepared to prioritise the PL above all else.
Regardless of how the season ends, there is no greater satisfaction than seeing the faith in youngsters vindicated and it’s been so enjoyable watching our young team play with such verve and enthusiasm.

Both Arsenal and Newcastle will still be in the mix towards the latter end of the season IMO. Both very good attacking teams and quick play and I have to be honest and say I`ve enjoyed watching both these teams.
We need to be on toes for all games, something which Pep is very good at making the lads do. An interesting seaon ahead.
I agree, both very easy on the eye.

Regardless of how the season ends, there is no greater satisfaction than seeing the faith in youngsters vindicated and it’s been so enjoyable watching our young team play with such verve and enthusiasm.
Yes, Arteta has put together a very good squad who have outperformed expectations. Strength in depth may become an issue as the season progresses but you should be disappointed if you finish outside the top 2. Newcastle's rise has possibly come sooner than expected but that in some part is due to Chelsea and Liverpool underperforming in the first half of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.