Arsenal Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
They’ve got some tough games too. If we can claw a couple of points back before the end of January then I’ll have belief we can pull it back. Fall further behind, I think we’ll be fucked.

its a long competition but we really need to kick in, go up a gear or two and go on a streak cause they have a cushion already. it wont be easy

Also, human nature plays a part, they are hungrier and younger, they are starving and the premier is a bit of old news for our squad. Pep alluded to that but its hard and at the end of the day he doesnt play. Some of our vets are out of form or struggling a bit physically, we'll see how it goes

OK.

The bald fraud obviously doesn't understand.
I can’t see why he doesn’t understand that playing two sloths (albeit skillful sloths) on the wings is making it easy for opposition to organize and defend against us. Looking forward to seeing Phil and Alvarez adding some speed to our forward play.

I think the key for us, is to start putting pressure on Man City. We cant think this 7 point gap is a 'buffer', but rather a gap we want to extend. We wont win the league if we keep thinking Man City are this massive shark lurking below simply waiting to take a bite out of us.

Both City and Arsenal have tough games this week against big opponents. We play Newcastle at home, City play Chelsea away. Arsenal play Tuesday night and we should be looking to win to go 10 points clear and challenging Man City to win at Chelsea to keep the gap at 7.

Even in the two head-to-head games. We reject outright the notion City will get 6 or even 4 points. We want 6 points from these matches

Arteta and the lads need to start being greedy by taking and taking and taking. And deep down thats what he is turning us into. Were not like the good Wenger teams post 2008 who won with style and won all the plaudits and no major trophies. Were different under Arteta
Fucking hell you don't want much from a manager almost shown the door a year ago and a squad that finished 6th? Yes 6th!! And couldn't even get to a shitty UEFA final?
You have Pep to thank for what Arteta knows about the game.
God I hope we pip these jealous bitter letter writing hate filled self entitled twats with a deflection of Haalands arse in the dying seconds on the last day!!
Nothing personal mate;)

I think the key for us, is to start putting pressure on Man City. We cant think this 7 point gap is a 'buffer', but rather a gap we want to extend. We wont win the league if we keep thinking Man City are this massive shark lurking below simply waiting to take a bite out of us.

Both City and Arsenal have tough games this week against big opponents. We play Newcastle at home, City play Chelsea away. Arsenal play Tuesday night and we should be looking to win to go 10 points clear and challenging Man City to win at Chelsea to keep the gap at 7.

Even in the two head-to-head games. We reject outright the notion City will get 6 or even 4 points. We want 6 points from these matches

Arteta and the lads need to start being greedy by taking and taking and taking. And deep down thats what he is turning us into. Were not like the good Wenger teams post 2008 who won with style and won all the plaudits and no major trophies. Were different under Arteta

But we are the ‘massive’ shark lurking beneath you. We aren’t at peak form which is plain to see, but we’ve won 4 of the last 5 titles, I’m afraid it’s just human nature to look at that and worry what might happen.

Arsenal are right at it and flying, you could well keep that up and win the title at a canter. We don’t look under pressure, we just look off the pace and out of form, it’s on Arsenal to capitalise on that.

Fucking hell you don't want much from a manager almost shown the door a year ago and a squad that finished 6th? Yes 6th!! And couldn't even get to a shitty UEFA final?
God I hope we pip these jealous bitter letter writing hate filled self entitled twats with a deflection of Haalands arse in the dying seconds on the last day!!
Nothing personal mate;)

That’s a bit harsh

That’s a bit harsh
But true? Listen if you win it fair plays...you will have needed at lot of help from us directly or otherwise...
We don't buy this that you're only looking at C.L spots.
Yours to lose we think;)
As an aside can I ask you what you thought about your club's reprehensible behaviour regarding the instigation of "that" letter?
For me that was the starting pistol for the outright vilification of our club since which has now become an interminable yet tedious media feeding frenzy

It’s frustrating watching them given they’re essentially a carbon copy of our 17/18 and 18/19 teams - the best football I’ve ever seen live - and teams are playing into their hands with it.

High lines, pressing, no deep blocks makes it a piece of piss. The sooner teams learn to sit back, the better!

Nothing personal mate;)
City got 71 points the year before they won the title for the first time in 2012. Last year we got 69 points.

Its called progress.

But we are the ‘massive’ shark lurking beneath you. We aren’t at peak form which is plain to see, but we’ve won 4 of the last 5 titles, I’m afraid it’s just human nature to look at that and worry what might happen.

Arsenal are right at it and flying, you could well keep that up and win the title at a canter. We don’t look under pressure, we just look off the pace and out of form, it’s on Arsenal to capitalise on that.
Yeah but not being in peak form counts. 5 points dropped back to back in home games against Brentford and Everton. Thats 5 points lost that will be deducted from your entire points tally.

Youve also played 9 home games and 7 away games. We have played 9 away games and 7 home games. We have two more home games than you for the remainder of the season.

As I said, Arteta shouldn't view you as a lurking Shark, but should instead be aggressive and look to put the pressure on City. Which we can only do by continuing to win week to week. Kind of like a prey becomes the predator type thing. All the talk is can Arsenal handle the pressure. Ok fine, lets beat Newcastle this week and go 10 points clear and see how City respond away to Chelsea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.