Arsenal Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I enjoy watching them play, it’s a familiar style (City 18/19 season) and I think they’ve got some really likeable players, Odegard is fantastic, possibly the best player in the league right now.

They don’t throw themselves around and get decisions handed to them like the rags or the dippers so if they stick the duration and do win it then fair play.

If the media start brandishing them favourites and start talking about their points advantage as a disadvantage should they ‘bottle it’ like they do with us then it’ll be a real test of their metal. But there still seems to be a narrative that we are the favourites and Arsenal will falter.

I obviously hope we paste them when we eventually meet, but those games are going to be brutal and tough and are shaping up to be the biggest games in the domestic calendar.

I think the key for us, is to start putting pressure on Man City. We cant think this 7 point gap is a 'buffer', but rather a gap we want to extend. We wont win the league if we keep thinking Man City are this massive shark lurking below simply waiting to take a bite out of us.

Both City and Arsenal have tough games this week against big opponents. We play Newcastle at home, City play Chelsea away. Arsenal play Tuesday night and we should be looking to win to go 10 points clear and challenging Man City to win at Chelsea to keep the gap at 7.

Even in the two head-to-head games. We reject outright the notion City will get 6 or even 4 points. We want 6 points from these matches

Arteta and the lads need to start being greedy by taking and taking and taking. And deep down thats what he is turning us into. Were not like the good Wenger teams post 2008 who won with style and won all the plaudits and no major trophies. Were different under Arteta

I like how they mix it up. Had only 32% of the ball v Brighton but created a load of chances and scored 4 goals. They aren't great defensively but at the moment they are able to figure out ways to win in every type of game.

They also aren't feared enough yet for teams to completely shut up shop against them.

I think they will win it and fair play to them if they do. They've spent a lot of money but they really have come from nowhere.

They are the real deal and it was noticeable last season
Arteta is pumped up on the touchline and his antics rub off on his players, snidey, passion, energetic- it’s what they’ve missed for years
Chuck in young class players and they are quite the force

I still fancy Man City for the title though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.