Arsenal Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not making any predictions, but the fact that manager, players and fans have very publicly shit themselves over a decent enough and fair draw when they're at least 5 points clear with more than half the season to go is very funny.

I'm not making any predictions, but the fact that manager, players and fans have very publicly shit themselves over a decent enough and fair draw when they're at least 5 points clear with more than half the season to go is very funny.
People will look at it how they want to see it.

My interpretation of Arteta and the players reaction is they want to win every game and get annoyed when they dont.

Its the reaction I want to see. As Pep said, we dropped 2 points but we didnt drop any level of performance.

Got Leicester written all over them. They aint dropping points.

Got Leicester written all over them. They aint dropping points.

Leicester dropped a shit load of points, it was just that everyone else was shite! 81pts they got when they won it. Arsenal will get high 80s. They're not suddenly going to get 90+ points after two decades of being shite. I don't see it. Even if we come through the next 7 games and are down in 4th and 10pts off it, I'd believe we can still win it with 15 games still to play. We're the ones who can put that run together. Arsenal's trajectory is 98pts after their draw with Newcastle and ours is 86 on current form. We don't need to do too much in order to hit the 90pt + mark again. The issue is we've played "easier" games on paper and have a lot of tough ones to come, but everyone else is inconsistent. As hard as our next league games appear, we've got Chelsea who are 10th, United who are 4th, Spurs twice (5th).

People will look at it how they want to see it.

My interpretation of Arteta and the players reaction is they want to win every game and get annoyed when they dont.

Its the reaction I want to see. As Pep said, we dropped 2 points but we didnt drop any level of performance.
My interpretation is they publicly shit themselves and I'm laughing at it.

My interpretation is they publicly shit themselves and I'm laughing at it.
We were sore losers, even though we didnt lose and a draw was not the worst result, Arteta was furious we didnt win as were the players.

That wasnt a meltdown, that was fire in the players and managers who want to win the league.

The Newcastle game was interesting. The reaction of their players and coaching staff over the lack of time added on and the utterly farcical appeal for a 94th minute penalty showed you were they were at mentally. We've created a fear that utter perfection throughout the course of 38 games is a necessity, and that dropping a couple of points will see us down your throat...

I actually thought Newcastle done a good job of neutralising Arsenal's attack. They coped well and and were threatening in their own right when going forward. Now they have the North London Derby away to Spurs, who as inconsistent as they are, will be bang up for it and a draw is enough for us if we keep our end of the bargain... starting tonight.

It's a bit weird, as I believe they can be caught and will drop points, but we look more likely to drop silly points ourselves this season which isn't the norm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.