Arsenal Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think folk seem to be debating with themselves in here. As far as I can see no-one is really arguing about how much both team have or haven't spent?

Edit: Until I was pipped with the previous post.

I think folk seem to be debating with themselves in here. As far as I can see no-one is really arguing about how much both team have or haven't spent?

Am not bothered how much any team spend but seems the media and certain clubs do want to mention it especially two faced wnaker Klopp

Gross spend is what matters. Not net spend
Is it fuck. People are moaning and ffp is in place for net spend, that is clearly more relevant. Arsenal dick in a City forum, lecturing City fans about spending lol. Why are you even in here, starting to get nervous? Horrible club, although to be fair only joint third with spurs, behind liverpool and united.

PS I hope you don’t work in business, your concept of expenditure matters but income doesn’t is a strange one

Last edited:

To be fair to people on here, we are all a little sensitive to cost comparisons after a decade of abuse for not being the best on a net basis, only to be told, when we suddenly are, that gross spend is the way to do it.

To be fair to people on here, we are all a little sensitive to cost comparisons after a decade of abuse for not being the best on a net basis, only to be told, when we suddenly are, that gross spend is the way to do it.

Yeah, can understand that. I think when teams take spending up a level there's a lot of jealousy from other clubs and everyone is right, a good deal of hypocrisy is often involved. From Jack Walker, Roman, Abu Dhabi's, the Saudis etc there's always been sniping and jealousy.
Boehly now seems to be taking it onto another level again.

The hypocrisy now is that all the top clubs are owned by billionaires, it's just how that particular billionaire choose to spend that wealth that differs.

I do still think it's better to have some form of FFP, just to protect clubs from being at the mercy of owners if anything goes wrong if nothing else, although on what form I don't know.

Discrepancies in a matter of clubs economy looks like a small misunderstanding. Both clubs made good job simply. Hard to argue, that we ve been invested into massively, but the point is we done very well with it (unlike many others). As many saying within industry - City is a benchmark (Perez, Tuchel for instance), we are quite literally on a diapason as a club (last Ballon d'or award), fighting at a sporting level for everything and we always there in a terms of a current very best teams in the world list. Some, including me, would say, that we are the best team in the world for last 2/3 seasons from purely football pitch perspective. Nothing has changed hear and we are on our way during next campaigne. We have similar PL point tally to previous seasons, we are in UCL knockouts with proper prospects on quartel finals, sometimes had really spectacular, exceptional football (would love a bit more of this, because actually its hard to recall upon this cathegory other game than against ManUtd this season regarding top opposition).

Arsenal works well, they also have invested, made transfers, there is no another way nowadays. Earlier they had different model, at the end its usually shall be a mix of various priorities (for instance: young, perspective players, but sometimes you need to find examined quality, like Jesus, Zinchenko and you need not hesitate to take this step). Sporting project is evidently on track, but we see how it works at this level, things can change very quickly, Liverpool, Chelsea are more than aware. I would not deprive Arsenal from insight, that they spent less over last 10 years, has generally less valuated players, but are at the top of the table. Its an achievement, does not mean one club is better than the other, at the moment still those clubs operate for different targets.

Yeah, can understand that. I think when teams take spending up a level there's a lot of jealousy from other clubs and everyone is right, a good deal of hypocrisy is often involved. From Jack Walker, Roman, Abu Dhabi's, the Saudis etc there's always been sniping and jealousy.
Boehly now seems to be taking it onto another level again.

The hypocrisy now is that all the top clubs are owned by billionaires, it's just how that particular billionaire choose to spend that wealth that differs.

I do still think it's better to have some form of FFP, just to protect clubs from being at the mercy of owners if anything goes wrong if nothing else, although on what form I don't know.
And that’s all it ever is. Jealousy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.