Arsenal Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
They were exceptional the other night against West Ham. Credit where it's due. Another poster eluded to how relentless they were even at 3-1 up. They simply suffocated West Ham even when they were home and dry. It's the intensity I'd like to see from us a bit more often to be honest.

Odegaard is a sublime player in the final third and sees eye of the needle passes, and when you have the pace, movement, energy and tricky of Saka and Martinelli in the wide areas alongside him - they will score goals against anyone. They are tight at the back as well and don't give much away.

That said, their next 4 league games are Brighon (A), Newcastle (H), Spurs (A) and United (H) - that's a tricky set of fixtures and points are bound to be dropped. We need maximum points tonight and against Everton, as we then hit our own horrendous run of fixtures in January (Chelsea x2, United and Spurs).

A hell of a lot will be determined over the next few weeks IMO.

They were exceptional the other night against West Ham. Credit where it's due. Another poster eluded to how relentless they were even at 3-1 up. They simply suffocated West Ham even when they were home and dry. It's the intensity I'd like to see from us a bit more often to be honest.

Odegaard is a sublime player in the final third and sees eye of the needle passes, and when you have the pace, movement, energy and tricky of Saka and Martinelli in the wide areas alongside him - they will score goals against anyone. They are tight at the back as well and don't give much away.

That said, their next 4 league games are Brighon (A), Newcastle (H), Spurs (A) and United (H) - that's a tricky set of fixtures and points are bound to be dropped. We need maximum points tonight and against Everton, as we then hit our own horrendous run of fixtures in January (Chelsea x2, United and Spurs).

After that spurs game we will have Carabao cup semi finals and then we will have spurs again. We have a brutal fixture list. And still we wouldn't have faced iinform table toppers Arsenal. Unless we reverse our Tottenham losing streak, this could be bad for us. We will have to be near perfect at least till we have placed spurs in early Feb

If that was the case how did Liverpool win it for the first time in 30 years? How did you win it for the first time in decades with Mancini as manager? How did Leicester City win it. Teams can win the league without recent precedent.

People keep saying 'Arsenal always bottle the title' even though every player and the manager is not associated with what happened among previous Arsenal campaigns. Peoples perceptions of Arsenal are still influenced by previous years, not appreciating the rapid change that Arteta has ushered in playing personnel, culture ect.

Even when West Ham scored. I wasnt phased, I knew we would still win. Brighton away this week.........well win this too
I never said that you would not win the PL just stated that some more experienced Managers are past masters at closing out seasons and walking away with the honours. Pep, Ferguson and Klopp all know how to win big titles not just matches. Maybe in time Arteta will join that club-he seems likely to do so in due course but he will have a hell of a fight on his hands.
Liverpool all but won the league on a couple of occasions before they finally got over the line.
Mancini’s City did their best to blow it with some of their performances in the second half of the season and relied on a United collapse to allow them to win it in the last seconds of the season whereas Leicester were the beneficiaries of many other teams like City, United and Chelsea being in transition and yourselves and Spurs failing to take advantage.
To summarise I feel that you will definitely make Top 4 and may well be there or thereabouts at the end but believe me the pressure is now going to ramp up and there may not be enough experience and depth in your squad and management to go the whole way this time.
Time will tell.

They will lose to united. United under ten hag are there cryptonite to their playstyle. Arsenal struggled with Uniteds counter in their previous game. Ten hag out tacticed Arteta. Hate to say but that united counter is lethal against high lines. That previous game was like watching City vs Liverpool at Anfield . Where Arsenal were City with all the possession then United were more clinical and dangerous with the long ball/counter

Martinelli and Saka will cause our high line a lot of problems, 2 very big games when we meet

If that was the case how did Liverpool win it for the first time in 30 years? How did you win it for the first time in decades with Mancini as manager? How did Leicester City win it. Teams can win the league without recent precedent.

People keep saying 'Arsenal always bottle the title' even though every player and the manager is not associated with what happened among previous Arsenal campaigns. Peoples perceptions of Arsenal are still influenced by previous years, not appreciating the rapid change that Arteta has ushered in playing personnel, culture ect.

Even when West Ham scored. I wasnt phased, I knew we would still win. Brighton away this week.........well win this too

I’m sure you mock Spurs as bottlers regardless of how many times the team has changed over 30 years
Regardless I think you’ve got a great side and have a very realistic chance of winning it, if I were you depth would be a concern but if you keep everyone or the majority then yep you’ve got a great chance

The thing is with Arsenal they are one loss from a complete collapse ........ just a feeling that come your game against them they will be behind ,...........

So they have Jesus Saka Msrtinelli Smith Rowe Nkietiah Andy now they want Felix and Mudryk. Not quite David vs Goliath eh or Underdog story they are selling?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.