Arsenal Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
He can never be a regular starter for a top team, he tends to score goals in batches then goes barren for weeks.

I think the fact we had him for several years but played a false 9, even when he was in the team, tells you all you need to know. He's a brilliant player, hard working and very effective in Europe where you get a bit more protection from the refs and the pace isn't as relentless. But in the league he will never score enough over a season to be your sole striker.

How Arsenal have given up on the title whilst still being top of the league demonstrates to me they won't be back next year. It's like they thought they only had one shot and they consider themselves like Leicester - only really there because everyone else is bad.

I remember in 2014 when City and Liverpool were going head to head and Liverpool were winning game after game. I knew it wasn't possible for them to keep winning and they'd drop points and City were right there to capitalise. This should be Arsenal's perspective but they are doing it from the top dog position. Our winning run right now is out performing the early part of the season so chances are we drop points between now and season end. We have a blip like Arsenal are in right now. Instead they've pretty much conceded whilst still top of the league.

They didn't come to play like top banana. Call the run they've been on as lack of confidence or whatever but even in that run they've scored plenty. Post match Stones and KdB talked about how hard it was against them but we still played the risky balls into our tightly marked players. Arsenal didn't even try instead playing like competition winners.

Im hoping the difference between us and Leicester or Liverpool is that we won't lose any of our key players over the summer. Leicester lost the likes of Kante, Mahrez wanted to leave and wanted to join us, Drinkwater eventually left etc. At Liverpool, Suarez left, Sturridge became a sicknote, Gerrard was on his last legs, Sterling then eventually left.

Hopefully we keep the core group together, many of whom like Saliba, Martinelli and Saka are 21/22 and guys like Odegaard, Jesus and Zinchenko and some others are only on the 24-26 range.

We also obviously need to get our recruitment right in the summer as well of course.

Last edited:
Did Jesus acknowledge the standing ovation he got he came off? Only saw from the south stand corner flag but he didn’t acknowledge the fans from that point on as he was walking to the bench.

Suppose it’s hard situation to be in, acknowledge it and can be accused by Arsenal fans of all sorts.
He did, albeit sheepishly.

Very disappointed with Jesus that despite who he plays for he was applauded off the pitch from the south stand and Colin Bell stand all the way to the tunnel, not even a gesture of acknowledgment. Mind you on the upside him and Zinchenko did keep passing the ball to us
That’s incorrect mate. He absolutely did acknowledge the ovation but not overtly, which is fair enough imo.

City fans should be hoping we're your main rivals for the next few years, you're guaranteed to always win the title. No nasty shit like with the red bin men or Man utd. Whenever we play, you're guaranteed the 3 points and no risk of injury as its a comfortable game.

Pep masterclass telling Arteta to create the 2nd best team in England lol.

Very disappointed with Jesus that despite who he plays for he was applauded off the pitch from the south stand and Colin Bell stand all the way to the tunnel, not even a gesture of acknowledgment. Mind you on the upside him and Zinchenko did keep passing the ball to us
In fairness, if we'd have been losing at that stage then he wouldn't have gotten the ovation he did

When he got subbed, Jesus had to walk around the pitch infront of the South Stand to get back to the bench. He was clapped literally the whole way round by City fans and unless I missed it, didn’t acknowledge that support once. I loved both Jesus and Zinchenko when they were with us, but it hasn’t taken long for me to lose a lot of that love. I swear they never used to be babies like this.
You missed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.