Arsenal Thread - 2023/24

1. We expect Dippers to drop more points than City.

2. Man City are the best team in the world and usually bend us over and go in dry at the Etihad.

3. If you try and take City on at the Etihad you'd best have peak Mbappe up front to take chances or you'll get outscored as City will create more chances with the players they have. We don't have Mbappe. Liverpool and Spurs tried to attack and got a draw but both were fortunate to not lose (dodgy decisions in both matches plus missed chances). I don't think we were fortunate to draw but didn't do enough to win.

I'm sure we wanted to win but could never get control over the midfield and when we got the ball we were so knackered from defending. Rodri was impenetrable. Plus the international games caused fatigue (to both sides). Rice and Foden both played 2 full England games, Kivior played 2 games for Poland (including extra time), Havertz played 2 games for Germany, Ake 2 games for Netherlands (and it backfired), many other players played 1 game, Saka was clearly half fit, no Martinelli etc.

In hindsight was always likely to be a shit game, international friendlies and waistcoat wankers partly to blame.
To be honest City were definitely hampered to a far greater extent than Arsenal re International break. Walker has played most games for us..John Stones is crucial. Foden was knackered - whereas you had White and Saka rested ..you were very average today against a much weakened City team..reserve keeper as well. We had over 70% possession that's madness - I think adding up both games v you this season we have dominated the game. I personally think somethings a miss at Arsenal..genuinely were a better side last year

To be honest City were definitely hampered to a far greater extent than Arsenal re International break. Walker has played most games for us..John Stones is crucial. Foden was knackered - whereas you had White and Saka rested ..you were very average today against a much weakened City team..reserve keeper as well. We had over 70% possession that's madness - I think adding up both games v you this season we have dominated the game. I personally think somethings a miss at Arsenal..genuinely were a better side last year
I think arteta has improved them again or they are at least gaining maturity and experience as a side. Yesterday's tactics were in a sense shit housery, but also pretty pragmatic based upon both sides records at the Etihad.

I think arteta has improved them again or they are at least gaining maturity and experience as a side. Yesterday's tactics were in a sense shit housery, but also pretty pragmatic based upon both sides records at the Etihad.
Bang on. Getting a point here is a good point and Arteta will tell the team they should now win every game to the end of the season.

Honestly mate I disagree with that. You had more possession but didn't do anything with it. Our defence is leagues ahead of what it was last year as is our tactical awareness. Sure it wasn't pretty yesterday but over the season we've scored more goals and conceded fewer than anyone else.

You could have played another 90 mins yesterday and wouldn't have scored - we may have.

Agree re the international break though, City were very unlucky and Stones in particular is a massive miss.

Honestly mate I disagree with that. You had more possession but didn't do anything with it. Our defence is leagues ahead of what it was last year as is our tactical awareness. Sure it wasn't pretty yesterday but over the season we've scored more goals and conceded fewer than anyone else.

You could have played another 90 mins yesterday and wouldn't have scored - we may have.

Agree re the international break though, City were very unlucky and Stones in particular is a massive miss.
The performance yesterday of your side was shocking, no title for 20 years, the dippers winning before a ball was kicked and you were happy to take a point of us with most of our players running on fumes after half time.

If I was you I would be steaming into Arteta, what the hell was he thinking in terms of tactics?

Titles are won by brave teams, taking games by the scruff of the neck, yesterday I watched a team happy for a point, producing a performance that showed why you have not won a title for TWO DECADES

Arsenal showed no ambition today and bottled it for me.. If they had any serious ambition to win the league, they should have attacked us …

And got beat :-)
Agreed. They were negative from kick off and remained that way until the end. It was the constant time wasting that pissed me off mostly, small wonder they are becoming known as dark Artsenal.

They have done their job in regards to doing what was needed against us and Liverpool. Draw away and win at home.

Problem for them is their fixture list. I think they are putting too much faith in the idea that they will accumulate more points than both us and Liverpool despite having by far the trickiest run in.

I don't think they realize how taxing those CL tie's will be in and around PL games as well. Those QF and potential SF games utterly drain you and took us near on a decade to be able to compete on both fronts.

I agree with some of the comments. I think in the last few months the Arsenal players have showed belief in the themselves and have built up a head of steam. Arteta didn't show that same belief and it may now backfire on him.

Saliba and Odegard looked physically and mentally wasted yesterday, in the post match interviews. It will be interesting because at the end of the season, if they win it, it will have been a masterstroke, but .....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.